Graphics
radeon hd 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Equipment as follows:- Asus Sabertooth X58 Motherboard (bios version 1304. DSDT 1304)
Intel i7 950 cpu, 4gb Kingston HyperX 1333mhz ram. Nvidia 7600GT graphics card. 1TB samsung hard drive, samsung DVD writer. I cannot get the computer to boot without having the iboot CD in the drive. The system just hangs. Any advice from anyone who has used the above motherboard would be appreciated. Options used in Multibeast were UserDST install, System Utilities, Audio: Realtek alc8xx and AppleHDA, Network: Realtek Gigabit Ethernet, Bootloaders: Chimera v1.7r1394

I don't know what you can get from this but I have an ASUS P6T WS Pro with i7-950, 6 GB Corsair Dominator (3x2), ATI Dell Radeon HD 5770, Western Digital 500 GB Caviar Blue and ASUS DVD burner. I could not find a DSDT for my motherboard so I installed Easybeast with Voodoo 0.2.72 and PCIRootFix. Boots from the hard drive with no problems QE/CI enabled at full resolution. 10.6.8 is running like a charm.

I did have prior problems that took me a good 4 weekends and several weeknights to figure out - namely that my prior graphics card, an XFX Radeon HD 5770, was incompatible with upgrades after 10.6.5. This problem turned out to be a blessing in disguise as I have learned so much from perusing this and other forums on custom mac builds. I finally swapped out the graphics card for the one I have now and it has been very rewarding to see everything work. Good luck!

Thanks for your input. I'm not sure if there was something wrong with the DSDT but EasyBeast works a treat, I got Snow Leopard up and running and updated to 10.6.8. Once again thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back