Graphics
Saphire 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
im looking for a device that i can plug a sata power connector into and then hook up two hard drives two it and then flipping the switch will let me choose witch hard drive gets power of course i will only do this when the computer is off. i like the idea of being able to run two os's but i dont want to dual boot and want them to be on two seperate hard drives and only the drive powered up im useing it seems like it would be a simple design but i have not seen one for sale

bonus if its fits in a 3.5" slot

if anyone has seen this for sale anywhere give me a heads up

what i done was to cut and put switch in the red wire and then put the switchs in the front cd cover slot

:-O i guess thats a solution kinda hopeing for something that i dont have to hack myself but i will keep that in mind thanks :)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6817990001

fits in 5.25' optical drive bay. only plug in HDD with OS you want to boot. Never have to worry about one OS corrupting the other.

I started using this because TimeMachine kept putting trash files on my other OS drives. If I deleted the files, TimeMachine kept asking if I wanted to use the drives for backup.
No way to get rid of TimeMachine to make it stop doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back