Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Windows Phone
So I have the p8p67-M Pro board, and have enabled USB 3.0 through multibeast. The devices I connect to these ports can be seen inside system profiler but nothing actually works. Drives don't mount and plugging a mouse or keyboard result in them not actually doing anything. Attached is a screenshot of the Apple Wired Keyboard being read as connected but you can't actually use it to type or be read in the keyboard settings pane. This makes sense considering only the hub itself is being read and not the actual function of the device. See the second image as an example.

Anyone able to help on this weird problem?

Running OSX 10.7.1

Plugged into USB 3.0 Port

Plugged into normal USB port

Anyone take another look?

It works similar for me. The keyboard is all dead in the usb 3 port. But the hdd drives mounts as long as i connect them after lion has finished booting. If I have anything connected to the usb 3 ports during startup the functionality of them dies and i have to reboot.

Not a big problem for me, i just use usb 2 for keyboard and i plug the hdd in once the system is up and running.

Guess this might have something to do with tony and macman removing the drives from the latest multibeast.

cheered said:
Might have something to do with tony and macman removing the drives from the latest multibeast.

They were added back a while ago. I was under the assumption that they were removed because of booting problems, but with the lack of help with USB 3.0 I am reconsidering that thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back