Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel NUC7i3BNH
CPU
i3-7100U
Graphics
HD 620
I managed to get everything installed and working but I have two lingering problems and I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction.

I have a Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H motherboard with the Realtek RTL8111E LAN chip. The system has been working perfectly fine for about a month now in Win7-64.

First, when I boot OS X I have a lot of flakiness with the NIC that goes away after a couple of minutes. When it's being flaky it's bouncing and yet managing to transfer some traffic when it's up. But in general, during the initial flakiness it's unusable. Once it settles down it seems to work fine.

Second, when I boot back into my Win7-64 install the NIC doesn't work. It shows "Cable disconnected". I've tried all kinds of stuff like re-installing the driver, disable/enable, change hardware settings (speed). Nothing works. The NIC is down in Win7-64.

Now, during my install of OS X I tried the r700 bootloader and that didn't go well. I don't know if the Win7 problems started before or after but the OS X problems did start at that point. I had to boot in safe mode in OS X and then enable the r699 bootloader instead.

Is it possible something's lingering that's causing issues? Some kext I should delete? And does the PCI UID have something to do with the NIC being hosed in Win7 now? I did have to select the PCI UID.

Thanks!

Well, I figured out part of my problem. Found this:

http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.p ... 81818.html

So I shut down my PC and unplugged it for a few minutes. Powered back up and it's a-ok in Windows. I haven't tried going back into OS X yet. It would seem that the driver is doing something funky with shutting down the NIC hard in OS X.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back