GT640
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello

How do I get a PS2 keyboard recognized on a P55M-UD2 with 10.6.3?

Peter

Google for either:

VoodooPS2, or

ApplePS2Controller, plus
AppleAPIPPS2Nub.
(both needed)

Easiest place is probably to grab one of the kext packs for netbooks.
I prefer Meklort's spin on ApplePS2 stuff, but Prasys has done some versions also.

Either of these should work, also PS2mouse.
Some have specific mods for their target netbook when you get into Fn keys etc, but any should get basic stuff working initially.

MultiBeast has support files.

MultiBeast -> Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Miscellaneous -> VoodooPS2Controller

Also run MultiBeast -> System Utilities

MacMan said:
MultiBeast has support files.

MultiBeast -> Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Miscellaneous -> VoodooPS2Controller

Also run MultiBeast -> Disk Utilities

Followed the above instructions but I'm getting the following error messages in kernel.log file:

Apr 20 01:07:06 localhost kernel[0]: plePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream.
Apr 20 01:07:06 localhost kernel[0]: ApplePS2Keyboard: Unexpected resend request from PS/2 controller.
Apr 20 01:07:06 localhost kernel[0]: ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream.
Apr 20 01:07:06 localhost kernel[0]: ApplePS2Keyboard: Unexpected acknowledge from PS/2 controller.
Apr 20 01:07:06 localhost kernel[0]: ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream.
Apr 20 01:07:06 localhost kernel[0]: ApplePS2Keyboard: Unexpected acknowledge from PS/2 controller.

I have a USB mouse and PS/2 keyboard.
The keyboard does not seem to have been picked up.
Plugging in a USB keyboard later, get me going on the USB keyboard.

Don't know where tony got that version of VooDooPS2Controller.

You can download the official version here http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,235.0.html

Delete AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext from your /Extra/Extensions folder before installing the official version.

MacMan said:
Don't know where tony got that version of VooDooPS2Controller.

You can download the official version here http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,235.0.html

Delete AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext from your /Extra/Extensions folder before installing the official version.
It look like the drives is expecting both a ps2 keyboard and ps2 mouse. If the mouse is not seen you get the errors as I posted earlier.
As the P55M-U2 only has one ps2 port you are stuck by the looks of it if you wan to use a ps2 keyboard.

An other thing I noticed is that I cannot get in the U2 board bios to select the boot device pressing F12.
I need a PS2 keyboard to do that.

Right, well for ApplePS2, you can delete the PS2Mouse and PS2Trakpad from inside the Plugins folder inside the overall kext. Although, I'm surprised that there's a fatal error thrown just because they do not detect the physical device*.

So, whilst I do not know for sure that this will work out OK for VoodooPS2Controller, there's a good chance that you can also get away with deleting unwanted kexts.
So, do a RightMouseClick-ShowPackageContents on the VoodooPS2Controller.kext, navigate to Contents/Plugins and you'll see the unwanted Mouse and Trackpad kexts so you can delete them.

For F12 (or "Delete"/"End", for Setup/Flash) sure that works with USB keyboard; bit flaky and sometimes misses the keypress, which I think is just Giga MBs not so great, as works fine on an Intel MB. I use Apple USB kbd. I also have LegacyUSB enabled in BIOS to allow the keyboard to function when at Chameleon boot prompt.

peterb said:
Followed the above instructions but I'm getting the following error messages in kernel.log file:

Apr 20 01:07:06 localhost kernel[0]: plePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream.
Apr 20 01:07:06 localhost kernel[0]: ApplePS2Keyboard: Unexpected resend request from PS/2 controller.
humph said:
Right, well for ApplePS2, you can delete the PS2Mouse and PS2Trakpad from inside the Plugins folder inside the overall kext. Although, I'm surprised that there's a fatal error thrown just because they do not detect the physical device*.

I had the same problem with peterb and with the similar kernel.log error messages. Deleting PS2Mouse and PS2Trackpad inside the Plugins folder as you suggested, now KB works, which is a great leap forward, but the trackpad is not working (suspected that since I deleted PS2Trackpad). Any suggestion to get the KB, and also the trackpad working at the same time?

peterb said:
Hello

How do I get a PS2 keyboard recognized on a P55M-UD2 with 10.6.3?

Peter

hi,
I have the same issue. I am trying to follow this post but I can set my PS2 keyboard.

I am using multibeast 2.1.4. If I choose Voodoo PS2 Controller ... is it should be enought?
MacMan said:
Also run MultiBeast -> Disk Utilities ...
sorry, I dont understand what means "Disk Utilities". is it the same that System utilities (rebuid cache / Repair permitions)??

After install the kexts, is it necesary to restart the system?

humph said:
Followed the above instructions but I'm getting the following error messages in kernel.log file
Where can I find the Kernel.log file?

Thanks again. Im new on mac, so I am learning just now.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back