Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
EvOreboot complains of missing com.apple.kpi.iokit.

The problem is exactly the same as what this gentleman was experiencing:

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=3 ... 411b1c6c4d

However, the difference is that I am in fact using the $35 pressed Snow Leopard DVD from the Apple store. This particular package includes a green sticker that proclaims "New Version 10.6.3", which I suspect is a newer build than what iBoot is expecting.

Or is iokit a red herring, and the problem is that something ACPI/DSDT related is failing to load?

I haven't taken a photograph of my display in that condition, but I can arrange to do so later. However, it was very close to ethereal2pt2's output.

PS. It's my understanding that iBoot is using the Chameleon boot loader, but it clearly includes a XNU kernel (is it from xnu-dev, with what patches?) and some other logic. Is the source or at least a description of what is going on available? A github repository or similar would be awesome.

Thank you for your consideration.

I think I have a better idea of what's going on now.

Chameleon is never detecting the media change when I insert the OS X disc. I had been erroneously selecting "iBoot" at the menu screen.

The machine is a ThinkPad T61 with the ultrabay optical drive.

Pressing F5 in chameleon reprobes the discs. Success!

Were you able to get it to install? Which iBoot did you use? I got the latest one and it KP when the installer is coming up. Everything on my system is the same as yours except I have an nVidia video card.

Moved to correct forum, Laptop Support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back