Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys, i'm pretty new at this hackintosh stuff. I am trying to install SL (using stock CD) on my rig but am unable to boot into the install using iboot. iboot launches, then i swap disks, then hit F5, then select the install disk then i get to the attached screen shot and everything just freezes (i dont think computer is frozen but it just doesnt move any further. i'm not quite sure whats going on so any help would be appreciated. Also i tried with HPET off and on. no luck either times.

My Specs (From CPUz)

Mobo: MSI G31TM-P21 (MS-7529)
Chipset: Intel P32/G33/G31
Southbridge: Intel 82801GB (ICH7/R)
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. Version 4.7 (07/28/2010)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66GHz socket 775 LGA
RAM: 4GB DDR2 PC2 6400 (2-2GB sticks)
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS (Dont mind using the integrated graphics if it works)
HDD: Seagate 80GB
Audio: On-board audio
Please let me know if you need any other info. Thanks in advance

-

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 438
Thank you for your help. I did as you suggested and i got the screen shot (attached below). Is there anything in all this text that spells out what is causing this? Please let me know if there is anything else i can try. Thank you.

twista06 said:
Hi guys, i'm pretty new at this hackintosh stuff. I am trying to install SL (using stock CD) on my rig but am unable to boot into the install using iboot. iboot launches, then i swap disks, then hit F5, then select the install disk then i get to the attached screen shot and everything just freezes (i dont think computer is frozen but it just doesnt move any further. i'm not quite sure whats going on so any help would be appreciated. Also i tried with HPET off and on. no luck either times.

My Specs (From CPUz)

Mobo: MSI G31TM-P21 (MS-7529)
Chipset: Intel P32/G33/G31
Southbridge: Intel 82801GB (ICH7/R)
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. Version 4.7 (07/28/2010)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66GHz socket 775 LGA
RAM: 4GB DDR2 PC2 6400 (2-2GB sticks)
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS (Dont mind using the integrated graphics if it works)
HDD: Seagate 80GB
Audio: On-board audio
Please let me know if you need any other info. Thanks in advance

-Kevin

When you get to iboot and swap discs, select the install disc and click - key on your keyboard, the. Insert this
Code:
 -v -x PciRoot=1
Lemme know if it works or not

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 403
also, based on research i've done through these forums, i understand that my hardware is compatible with hackintosh. please correct me if i am wrong. thanks

Can you clarify a few details?

Is the HD SATA or IDE?

How did you set BIOS? HPET, AHCI, S3 sleep,boot order = DVD, HD,

Did you try iBoot legacy? I think it might work better with the LGA775 processor.

When you put the SL disk in, are you selecting Disk Utilities and formatting the disk as Mac OS Extended Journaled?

SnapMan said:
Can you clarify a few details?

Is the HD SATA or IDE?

How did you set BIOS? HPET, AHCI, S3 sleep,boot order = DVD, HD,

Did you try iBoot legacy? I think it might work better with the LGA775 processor.

When you put the SL disk in, are you selecting Disk Utilities and formatting the disk as Mac OS Extended Journaled?

Thank you for your reply.

1. The HD is SATA and CD/DVD drive is IDE

2. BIOS = HPET (tried it with on and off same result both times)
AHCI - Dont have an option for AHCI (i THINK this is enabled by default for my mobo)
S3 sleep - I dont have an option for this either
Boot order - CD/DVD drive first then Hard drive. I have also tried to manually select boot device without success.

3. I have not tried legacy but will try as soon as i get home.

4. When i put the SL disk in, i am unable to get to the SL setup thus unable to format the disk. basically i put in the SL disk, select the disk from iboot, and all i see is the first screenshot i posted. it does not allow me to select install language, or get access to disk utilities (no typical purple outer space galaxy nebula looking desktop back ground setup screen for lack of better words)

I tried to boot with empire EFI and to my surprise this DID work. I am able to install snow leopard BUT then unable to install iboot (with multibeast post install) to boot without disk swapping every time {i installed this pre install also and still no luck}. Also, with this install i am unable to get my onboard LAN (Realtek 8102E/8103E) to work. When i install the latest update (10.6.7) the whole thing craps out after reboot and i'm back to the black screens again (the screens here look slightly different and can post screenies if you'd like).

Thanks for your help.

I have same problem...
My spec is:
- MSI P31TM-P21 motherboard
- Zotac GTX 460 768mb
- 4 GB Ram
- 500 hdd

I tried newest iboot, iboot-legacy, all sequences with -v, -x, PCiRoot, etc...
Nothing works...

Anyone can help?

Don't think that the IDE DVD drive is going to work.

If you have a SATA DVD drive I suggest you try that. If not, there is a list of supported drives on the hardware wiki.....

ok so i finally had some time to work on my computer today and here is the progress report:

1) I installed SL 10.6
2) Installed the proper divers for my LAN (works 100%)
3) Updated (using software update) to 10.6.7 [did not install the AirPort update)
4) Rebooted using iBoot Legacy CD.
5) USB broke so use the USB rollback option in multibeast.
6) Everything (sound, LAN, video, dvd drive [IDE], and usb) works great EXCEPT i am unable to boot without the iBoot Legacy boot disk.
7) Performed one more software update which installed any other remaining updates including the AirPort Utility

my hackintosh would be complete if i am able to boot my system regularly. i tried to use multibeast and empireEFI and no luck either way. My most current setup was done using all tonymac tools (iBoot Legacy, KextBeast, and MultiBeast POST install). When i boot without the cd the boot process freezes at the screen in the picture. could someone please advise me on whats going on and what more do i need to modify.

Thank you for any input you are able to provide

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 321
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 292
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 300
bump...anyone know whats causing it to not boot without iboot legacy boot disk??

Which bootloader did you install from MultiBeast?

Did you find a DSDT and use UserDSDT or did you use the EasyBeast option?

What other options did you select in MB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back