GTX 580
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there!

I just upgraded to Chimera 1.5.4 after installing OS X 10.7.2. Suddenly, Kernel Flags in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist appear to be being ignored. My system keeps booting into the 64-bit kernel despite `arch=i386` being one of the flags in my config file. If I manually input `arch=i386` at the boot loader screen, it works fine and boots into the 32-bit kernel. Any thoughts? My org.chameleon.Boot.plist is attached below.

Thanks!

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    532 bytes · Views: 266
I thought Lion was 64 bit only ?

Haxx187 said:
I thought Lion was 64 bit only ?

No, it is not. The kernel under 10.7.2 still runs as 32bit, but all the other extensions and programs are native 64bit, and that's what they mean when they say it's 64bit only. :)

The kernel does not need to be 64bit (unlike windows unix/bsd does not have any such limitations in functionality, what a surprise, neh?) and can address more than 4GB just fine (if I remember right 2TB ram would require a 64bit kernel most definitely).

I would just like to say that I think I am having this problem too, kind of...

I use a RAID 0 boot, so I have Chimera installed on both helper partitions. I can obviously use the boot-uuid="" flag, but it seems like the other flags (specifically -v) aren't working.

I managed to find a workaround until this gets fixed. If you just copy or symlink the file from /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist (replace it if it already exists), then Chimera will read the kernel flags properly. Very annoying--hopefully it gets fixed soon.

You DON"T want to link the Boot.plist files.

/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist is only for Chimera/Chameleon to use and /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist is for OS X use and can get overridden on OS X updates.

This is one reason why the Boot.plist name is different and was changed.

Also, Chimera 1.6.0 was released a couple of weeks ago and has the FaceTime fix that works with RAID volumes.

Topic closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back