Intel Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 @3.6 GHz
Graphics
NVIDIA*GeForce*GT*710*2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a Dell monitor with integrated WebCam and microphone. The WebCam works when I open up FaceTime, even though my Facetime won't make a connection when I place a call. But I can't get anything other than a black screen when I open up any other program that uses the WebCam, such as iChat or Photo Booth. I also get a black screen for all YouTube videos.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

For QECI how do I check?
And then how do I enable?

Thanks.

By the way, I got FaceTime to work properly: I simply hasn't enabled audio yet (I know, dumb, right?)

Now I'll go try your attachments.

Actually, it turns out I don't quite know how to install a standalone kext. I've only used multi beast.

Edit: i just tried using Kext Utility included in multi beast and apparently your download has the wrong extension. How do I change it?

Thanks!

According to the screensaver, I do NOT have QE/CI enabled. So how do I?

Thanks for the test!

Im using chameleon 2.0 rc5 r755

Should I use chimera?

Apparently I don't have an apple.boot.plist in that folder, just a chameleon.boot.plist.
And graphics enabler was already enabled.

Is QE/CI directly related to GPU? Because in that case, I should probably just wait on this trouble shooting because I'm getting a new one this week.

I am now using chimera on my new optiplex 790 with an ATI Radeon HD 6350. I'm having the same graphics issues with this card that I had with my other one: black screens on youtube, some transparent video windows, photo booth and ichat webcam screens both black, even though FaceTime works fine.

I've scrounged around trying to find how to enable acceleration for this 6350, but I can't find a thing. Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back