Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everyone, I have an issue I was hoping to get a more direct answer on.

I'm a OCD disk back up person so everything I ever buy software wise gets ripped to an image that I store on an external HDD for a disk library.

My predicament is I took OS X off my desktop a long time ago and I want to put it back now. Problem is that my physical Snow Leopard disk was taken by my ex-girlfriend who no lives across the country -___-. However I do still have the image which I used TransMac following a guide on Insanely Mac to write the image to a USB flash drive. Is there anyway that I can get iBoot to recognize this USB image? iBoot currently on my system only shows my Windows disk, my Storage drive, and iBoot itself.

To make matters more complicated, I only have access to this computer, a Windows machine at the moment. Is there anything else I can do short of going and buying Snow Leopard over again (rather not with Lion being out now)? If it helps I also have a copy of Leopard (retail, not a distro) from my first Hackintosh that I bought from school. Or am I completely boned here?

Quick rundown on my system:

EVGA E760 X58
Intel Core i7-920
OCZ 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3
NVIDIA BFGTech 260GTX 896MB

Please and thank you to any help I can get, I have searched for hours and cannot find my specific problem to attack.

cmmcnamara said:
Hey everyone, I have an issue I was hoping to get a more direct answer on.

I'm a OCD disk back up person so everything I ever buy software wise gets ripped to an image that I store on an external HDD for a disk library.

My predicament is I took OS X off my desktop a long time ago and I want to put it back now. Problem is that my physical Snow Leopard disk was taken by my ex-girlfriend who no lives across the country -___-. However I do still have the image which I used TransMac following a guide on Insanely Mac to write the image to a USB flash drive. Is there anyway that I can get iBoot to recognize this USB image? iBoot currently on my system only shows my Windows disk, my Storage drive, and iBoot itself.

To make matters more complicated, I only have access to this computer, a Windows machine at the moment. Is there anything else I can do short of going and buying Snow Leopard over again (rather not with Lion being out now)? If it helps I also have a copy of Leopard (retail, not a distro) from my first Hackintosh that I bought from school. Or am I completely boned here?

Quick rundown on my system:

EVGA E760 X58
Intel Core i7-920
OCZ 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3
NVIDIA BFGTech 260GTX 896MB

Please and thank you to any help I can get, I have searched for hours and cannot find my specific problem to attack.

I am not sure if rBoot will help but have you tried the rBoot CD? iBoot, as far as I know, only supports booting the Snow Leopard DVD.

You either have to go and buy the SL disc or use unibeast for Lion. I don't think you can use a image from USB drive and refresh while using iBoot. I haven't come across anyone doing that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back