Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I installed snow leopard in a multiboot environment with windows 7 as per the instructions on the blog. The issue I had was when running the Mac OS X 10.6.8 Combo Update it ghost out the popup box and does not allow me to install multibeast (10.6.x version) without rebooting.

Subsequent installations of multibeast does not recognize the NIC card like it did on the initial snow lepoard installation.

I was looking to use the intel based system to develop apps for IOS.

Currently I am using a GA-ZX68XP-UD5 board. I also notice there is a DSDT for F2 - F5 versions of the board, but I have the F1, and was thinking of trying one of the DSDT's available.

Any suggestions? :cry:

Did you run updatehelper and reboot before running the 10.6.8 combo update?

Ack,

Sandy Bridge system install...yep missed that one.

After following your suggestions, I was able to get the NIC to be recognized yea! :p

It was a separate task to get the sound and correct NIC drivers installed. For the audio I had to resort to the universal audio settings.

Thanks for your help.
;)

If you update your BIOS to the latest version that there is a DSDT for you can use the DSDT + ALC8xx + AppleHDA rollback instead of the VoodooHDA drivers - better sound.

Thanks for the heads up...I updated myu bios to F5 without issue, and am thinking of going to Lion OS...seems easy just have to READ the instructions carefully. :p

pardus said:
Thanks for the heads up...I updated myu bios to F5 without issue, and am thinking of going to Lion OS...seems easy just have to READ the instructions carefully. :p
Not only READ, you need to also UNDERSTAND and FOLLOW the instructions carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back