Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I was following Gordo74's guide to setup SL on my machine
The only difference is that I used DSDT from the database for my UD4 as oppose to his (UD3)
after I finish installing Snow Leopard and boot into it, I run Combo update, Bridge helper and then MultiBeast and I put the DSDT from database on the desktop.
I choose the same options he chooses except for Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6 instead of Lnx2MAC's Realtex81xx
When I restart, I get the white screen with the big apple in the middle for a while then the screen shuts off and the fans start spinning very fast

I tried different thing where in MB I don't choose user DSDT and only choose system utilities, drivers and bootloader, boot options and system definition but then I get an error while MB is installing and it won't boot anymore to Snow Leopard

I've heard that many of the guys here used Gordo74's guide and it worked for them
I don't really know what I've missed

I'm thinking of redoing this with just adding EasyDSDT to the mix in MB

Any ideas?

Please help

I recommend installing windows before to ensure the board is working. Just a thought with all the bad reviews in most p67 b3 motherboards.

TooSixy said:
Did you install ATI kext for your video card?
You ran MB and then put your DSDT on the desktop, or you put it there before you ran MB?
What happens if you boot into iBoot first, then switch to the HD. Does it let you in?

I chose the ATI.1.6.34.13 option in MB and I put the DSDT on desktop before running MB. Using iBoot to boot to the HD does seem to help

axedye said:
I recommend installing windows before to ensure the board is working. Just a thought with all the bad reviews in most p67 b3 motherboards.

Tried that! the board seems to be working fine and windows ran smoothly!

Gordo74 said:
Boot with GraphicsEnabler=No

Gordo!! You're the man!

I've tried it once and I got the same old thing where the screen shuts off and the fans go crazy
Tried it again, and it booted into Snow Leopard!
and from first look, everything seems to be working fine

I have couple of questions to follow:

1) Does that mean my Graphics card is not compatible (Gigabyte HD 6850)?

2) Does that mean that with the graphics enabler flag it's not guaranteed that the device will always boot successfully?

3) My fans are being really loud and I havent figured out yet if it's the CPU fan or the cards, is there a way around this?

Thank you very much,
really appreciate your help

geobyte said:
Gordo74 said:
Boot with GraphicsEnabler=No

Gordo!! You're the man!

I've tried it once and I got the same old thing where the screen shuts off and the fans go crazy
Tried it again, and it booted into Snow Leopard!
and from first look, everything seems to be working fine

I have couple of questions to follow:

1) Does that mean my Graphics card is not compatible (Gigabyte HD 6850)?

2) Does that mean that with the graphics enabler flag it's not guaranteed that the device will always boot successfully?

3) My fans are being really loud and I havent figured out yet if it's the CPU fan or the cards, is there a way around this?

Thank you very much,
really appreciate your help

1) It simply means your graphics card is not in the ati.c file for graphicsenabler yet. Head over to Chimera forum to report it.

2) It should always boot successfully once you say graphicsenabler=no

3) You have to figure out which one it is first

Thank you very much Gordo!

The noisy fans turned out to be the graphics card fans, any idea how to deal with this?

I'll go ahead and report my card. In the mean time, is there a temporary solution as using flags like: AtiConfig:Gibba?

Thanks again

I've been reading around the forum alot and I found out that I can boot
without the graphics enabler flag when using the DVI port of my card!!

all that is left now is to control those fans and everything would be awesome!

It's really amazing that a noob like me can do as much just by being in this forum and with all the help provided!

I'm very grateful for all the help you guys provided especially you Gordo

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back