Graphics
GTX460
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Like the title says I have a fresh build and am trying to start the installation process using iBoot. The computers posts fine and in fact I am able to boot into an Ubuntu Live CD and every thing looks good from there. So, as far as I can tell the physical computer is fine.

The one thing to note is that I am booting from a USB DVD-ROM drive because the one I ordered is taking a while to get here. However, the computer boots to other discs just fine, so I'm not inclined to think that is the problem.

iBoot attempts to boot and the screen flashes with this text
Loading Operating System ...
Boot from CD/DVD :
cdboot: init
cdboot: file size: 00038C40
cdboot: reading sectors: 00000072
cdboot: loading......................
cdboot: done_

The screen then goes to a flashing cursor for about 5 seconds and then the computer reboots. The cycle is then repeated. I have included my build specs below.

The build is based off the NoFilmSchool Hackintosh found here http://nofilmschool.com/build-a-hackintosh/

Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B?3
GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD6850
Intel Core i5-2500K LGA1155
OCZ SSD

A small update. I tried using iBoot Legacy and that boots up just fine. So what are the cons of using the legacy over the newest version? Is it worth it to make the regular iBoot work, or should I just go with the legacy? If I should go with the legacy, can someone point me to a good write-up for that?

Thanks

Is there a separate guide for iBoot legacy, or do I just follow the same steps as iBoot?

Thanks for all the help. The problem turned out to be the USB DVD-ROM. For some reason it just didn't have enough juice to boot iBoot regular, but it could boot Windows7 and Ubuntu. Once I installed the internal DVD drive, iBoot worked right away.

I have the same problem mobo z68x ud5 b3 usb drive dont boot Iboot how did u solved?

FcGrreat said:
I have the same problem mobo z68x ud5 b3 usb drive dont boot Iboot how did u solved?

Like I posted above, an internal SATA dvd drive worked right away. When you say 'usb drive' are you talking about a Usb dvd or a flash drive? If you are having problems with a usb dvd and have no plans for an internal drive, research into booting from flash drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back