EVGA gtx 980 ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Guys,

Im a noob to the Hackintosh game so bare with me. I set up my bios to what i believe is correct, ran iboot, installed SL, ran update helper, installed 10.6.8 Combo Update, open multibeast 3.10.1 and then all of a sudden the installer "Unexpectedly quits". I continue on with multibeast, restart and then (using iboot) i try to boot my hard drive it spins for a while and then freezes.

Also i think my DSDT is correct for my mother board but i am not sure which "F#" to use so i have been using F8. I only have one 4gb stick of RAM installed and from my XFX Radeon HD 6850 graphics card im running a dvi to hdmi cable to my tv (I dont have a monitor yet). Im using a mac usb keyboard with my usb mouse plugged into it.

Im really confused, i tried running Updatehelper then rebooting but it did the same thing. If anyone could help i would very grateful. I dont want to give up on this thing, I've already cut a hole in the back of my G5 and mounted the mother board tray!

Here are the BIOS i am using.
photostream.jpg

photostream2.jpg

photostream1.jpg

and im using these in Multibeast (this is from http://www.matthewmintun.com/hackintosh-build-for-the-professional/)
picture16li.png

Thats everything i can think to tell you now, Thanks in advance for reading that!

Typical installation steps are:?
1) iBoot + Snow Leopard DVD (perform install via DVD)
?2) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD (boot with iBoot and loading OS via newly installed HDD)?
3) Run Update Helper and Reboot?
4) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD, run combo update 10.6.8 , DO NOT reboot?
5) Run Multibeast and select option which are required to your board.
6) Reboot w/out iBoot

Audio/Ethernet/DSDT

DSDT and BIOS firmware must match to the corresponding number.

How to tell firmware BIOS

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=36390

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=15403

You do not need all of those JMicron kexts.

Read the window pane underneath the options for more information.

3. Put Hardware Specs in Signatures and Profile.
Getting help is easier when other users know your hardware. Please update your profile to include your system configuration in addition to placing them in your signature. It is important to put your specific system configuration into your signature. At the minimum, provide your CPU, Motherboard, and Graphics information and preferably include your BIOS and Operating System versions. It will greatly improve your chances of getting the right person to help you, possibly even someone with your exact build. Then when you provide help, everyone will know what type of system you are using.

Thanks for the help man, I ended up upgrading to lion instead. I'm having a lot less issues with it so far.

That is wonderful news. :thumbup:

You still did not have success on SL 10.6.8?

6850/6870 work pretty well under Lion.

Thank you so much!, I have been looking for these drivers for over 6 moths now and You have Helped me Out Massively! :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back