Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Sabertooth | Core i7-3960x (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SLEEP MODE WORKS FINE ON 10.3 LGA 2011
I just had to disable it in preferences for ssd reasons, ive had sleep mode lock up once out of the 10-15 times its gone to sleep my 27inch imac locks up more in sleep mode.

mitchellk,

what are you thinking about for ssd drives? my corsair force is getting spec read times in black magic disk speed test but write times are sad 130-140mbps

2nd hackintosh build up and running

Thanks for the guide super helpful.

tonngodoc,
Check out the Resources menu at the top right of the screen. :eek: Read the Rules as some get you banned in a nanosecond. (Betcha didn't read them when you registered or Rule #1 would have lead you to the answers.)

Read Tony's, MacMan's and Lin2Mac's blogs. You can see a summary of tonymacx86's latest blog entries on the Forum's main page. http://www.tonymacx86.com/

Finally, use the tonymacx86 links in my signature block to get smart.

I am thinking of having similar buld, but Raid 0 is very important to me. 2 or 3 ssd drives as a boot drive. Do you see any problems in having that on you system?

xiaomei12 said:
I am thinking of having similar buld, but Raid 0 is very important to me. 2 or 3 ssd drives as a boot drive. Do you see any problems in having that on you system?

I've never been able to get raid to work properly.. good luck!!! probably won't work..

Anyway, Ive got my sabertoooth x79 and 3930K running great on 10.7.3 with this guide, however at the boot loader screen the blue countdown bar will stop half-way and I had to manually press enter on my keyboard(boots fine afterward), Any idea whats going on??

Hello everyone, this build is awesome. A few questions: What is the benefit of power management? I'm assuming it drops watts used when idle. And as for speedstep, that just changes clock speed and voltages on the cpu correct?

tonngodoc said:
I had installed Mac Lion 10.7.3 in my PC.

I7 3930K overclock 4.6 GHz
Corsair H100 Cooler
Sabertooth X79
16 GB ram GSkill Cas 9
1 HDD sata 3 2TB
1 HDD sata 2 500GB

------ ALL PERFECT.... Audio, vga card, lan, wifi with tenda 311u, rockatcova mouse, logitach keyboard, USB 3.0, webcam.... sleep, restart, shutdown all OK, BUT HAVE A PROBLEM....

When i bench on cinebech at 4,6 GHz , my score is : 9.15, like when i bench at 3.2GHz defaut my score like that :-s...... :-ss WHY ??

At 4,6 GHz i bench on windows 7, score more than 13.

:beachball: Can you help me ?
Cinebench DOES NOT SUPPORT FERMI CARDS.

Using it is a waste of time and provides meaningless results as it's only using the CPU on these cards.

See this topic for the best graphics benchmark programs, viewtopic.php?f=15&t=55469.

Hello,

Nice build!

I'm trying to post install brand new Asus - p9x79 Deluxe, i7 3930 (my first build ever...). I saw you had usb 3.0 working. I followed your steps, but with no result. Does it take more than just the 'USB 3.0 - NEC... ...kext installation? Did I miss something?

Thanks!

paulash said:
is firewire (1394)working????please let us know

Firewire works, I have same mobo and followed his guide, I have 2 daisy chained Lacie drives through the 1 rear 1394 port blazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back