qlk

Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,
So this will be my first Hackintosh ever. :D I already built some PCs earlier but this was long time ago... I've been searching the internet for the last 4 days so at least I have a rough idea what I want.

Let me just describe what I need this Hackintosh for:
I've been editing all my video work on my MacBook Pro so far but now there is this point where it is enough. I want to work on a stabile system that doesn't crash everytime I try to safe some content in Motion or Final Cut. So yes, I'm using Final Cut Pro 6 (maybe FCP X at some time), Motion 5 and After Effects CS5 (maybee CS6 at some time)... These are the apps I will use most of the time on this Hackintosh. I hope this give's you a rough overview of what I need it for.

My budget:
As the headline already says, I want to have a mid-price Hackintosh. For my definition this means something between 1000,- and 1500,- €. I'm sure there is a way...

My ideas so far:
These are only the results of some research I did - I would love to hear what you think about and if you have any other suggestions.

Motherboard:
GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD5 Z68 1155
or
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 LGA 1155

CPU:
Intel Quad Core Prozessor i7-2600K 1155

RAM:
Corsair Vengeance PC1600, 16GB, CL9 DDR3-RAM Kit

Graphic Card:
GIGABYTE HD6870 OC 1024MB (Will that be enough for me?)

Power Supply:
Corsair 650W CMPSU-650HX (Are 650W enough for my system?)

Drives:
OCZ Agility3 2,5" SSD 120 GB (for the OS and my applications)
a 1TB HD (for userfolders and data) (any suggestions?)
a 1,5TB or 2TB HD (for TimeMachine Backup of the 1TB drive) (any suggestions?)

Case:
Cooler Master 690 II Advanced Midi-Tower (Insulated or uninsulated, that is the question... Is it difficult to insulate the case by myself?)

Of course these are just rough ideas by myself. I am a total noob... ;)
So what do you think about this setup? Will it be possible to build a natively supported Hackintosh out of these parts? Are there better parts for my needs in this price range?

Thanks in advance! :thumbup:

Best regards,
qlk

Re: Mid-Price Hackintosh for Video-Editing

Anyone, who would like to help me? :rolleyes:

Ihr könnt gern auch in Deutsch antworten ;)

Wenn mein Deutsch doch so gut wäre... :lol:

Everything looks good!

Gordo74 said:
I'd go with the UD3.

Why? Is it more reliable?
And wich one do you suggest:
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 Intel Z68 So.1155 Dual Channel DDR3 ATX
or
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P Intel Z68 So.1155 Dual Channel DDR3

???

qlk said:
Graphic Card:
Will it be enough? Is there any GraCa that is better for me and still cheaper?

qlk said:
Power Supply:
Is 650W enough or even too much?

qlk said:
Drives:
Wich HDs should I buy? I like Western Digital because I only had good experiences with their drives but I will be happy with every HD that is reliable and cheap. Do you have any suggestions?

qlk said:
Case:
Cooler Master 690 II Advanced Midi-Tower (Insulated or uninsulated, that is the question... Is it difficult to insulate the case by myself?)
So: Is it difficult to do it by myself? Will the result be as good as if I bought it already with insulation?

Thank you very much for your help!! :thumbup:

qlk said:
qlk said:
Graphic Card:
Will it be enough? Is there any GraCa that is better for me and still cheaper?

Yes, it is definitely enough. You want the OpenCL power for rendering. You could also go with any Nvidia 5xx card if you're using Adobe for CUDA processing.

qlk said:
qlk said:
Power Supply:
Is 650W enough or even too much?

It's perfect. That's a good power supply from a reliable builder that will be enough for any single-GPU system in the future

qlk said:
qlk said:
Drives:
Wich HDs should I buy? I like Western Digital because I only had good experiences with their drives but I will be happy with every HD that is reliable and cheap. Do you have any suggestions?

Any hard drives work. I like Samsung drives because they're quieter.

qlk said:
qlk said:
Case:
So: Is it difficult to do it by myself? Will the result be as good as if I bought it already with insulation?

I'd buy it preinsulated, but that case has a lot of holes for noise to get out. I'd go with something like a Fractal Design R3 or a Corsair 550D

As far as the motherboard, go with the normal UD3. It is all you need. You don't need any of the higher models.

Thank you so much for your advices!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back