Contribute
Register

Dual boot lion and windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
banzaibull said:
My procedure...

Step 1: install Lion (Guid) & Chimera...

Step 2: install Windows (now Lion won't boot)

Step 3: boot from Lion/HackLion dvd/usb and select the Lion partition

Step 4: install Chimera again (from Unibeast)

Step 5: done...you have dual boot

Bye.

Thank, I used Chimera and it worked great. Now, I am just trying to figure out how to get the default timeout to longer then 2 seconds. Plus, it shows me all my partitions on the drives, I just want it to show me the bootable OS ones.

I recommend fresh Lion install instead of update, chimera and chameleon both support Lion / Windows dual boot, I prefer chimera.

Labhansh agrawal said:
Hi Guyz
Just installed snow leopard and windows 7 through the dual boot procedure.
Wandering if I could update it to lion.
the requirement says that latest chimera bootloader should be installed for it to update.
But the dual booting is being done through chameleon.
If i change that to chimera will it dual boot???
Or can I use chameleon instead??
Thanks for any help..

I just completed a dual-boot build with a seperate hard drive for each install. Did the Windows install first, then used Unibeast + Multibeast on the second hard drive for the Mac install. The Chimera bootloader works perfectly for me. If you don't want to have to hit F12 for a list of boot volumes, try installing Instant Menu in Multibeast (Customization --> Boot Options) - this gives me a menu to select my boot volume on each restart. I tend to stay more or less in the Mac environment and I restart very infrequently (THANK YOU TONYMAC COMMUNITY FOR MY STABLE HACKINTOSH!) so this works well for me, but to each his or her own. :)

You need to edit chameleon.boot.plist, check this link or search the forum for details
wiki/index.php/Org.chameleon.Boot.plist

dsmturbo said:
banzaibull said:
My procedure...

Step 1: install Lion (Guid) & Chimera...

Step 2: install Windows (now Lion won't boot)

Step 3: boot from Lion/HackLion dvd/usb and select the Lion partition

Step 4: install Chimera again (from Unibeast)

Step 5: done...you have dual boot

Bye.

Thank, I used Chimera and it worked great. Now, I am just trying to figure out how to get the default timeout to longer then 2 seconds. Plus, it shows me all my partitions on the drives, I just want it to show me the bootable OS ones.

singj said:
I just completed a dual-boot build with a seperate hard drive for each install. Did the Windows install first, then used Unibeast + Multibeast on the second hard drive for the Mac install. The Chimera bootloader works perfectly for me. If you don't want to have to hit F12 for a list of boot volumes, try installing Instant Menu in Multibeast (Customization --> Boot Options) - this gives me a menu to select my boot volume on each restart. I tend to stay more or less in the Mac environment and I restart very infrequently (THANK YOU TONYMAC COMMUNITY FOR MY STABLE HACKINTOSH!) so this works well for me, but to each his or her own. :)

Thanks This Worked a treat for me, OSX Main boot drive with Instant Menu from Multibeast and Windows 7 on Second Drive.

And A Big second on the Thanks to the TonyMac Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back