Contribute
Register

HackinDROM App for OpenCore EFI Creation and Update

Not sure how I'm going to fix this,
or should I patch this or not :crazy:

View attachment 582238

Because a lot of Ryzentosh owners use this kext, it would be good to accommodate this weird version number.

If you are splitting the version string using the dot "." as a delimiter, then each split could be examined from left to right looking for a non-digit. If a non-digit such as "f" is found, then the string from that point forward could be terminated.

Example:
  • 0.7.2f1 will be split into 3 substrings using "." as a delimiter:
    • "0"
    • "7"
    • "2f1"
  • Each substring can be checked from left to right, looking for non-digit character:
    • "0" --> no non-digit characters
    • "7" --> no non-digit characters
    • "2f1" --> the character "f" is not a digit so the string gets terminated here, which leads to:
      • "2"

Last edited:
Because a lot of Ryzentosh owners use this kext, it would be good to accommodate this weird version number.

If you are splitting the version string using the dot "." as a delimiter, then split could be examined from left to right looking for a non-digit. If a non-digit such as "f" is found, then the string from that point forward is terminated.

Example:
    • "0"
    • "7"
    • "2f1"
  • Each substring can be check from left to right, looking for non-digit character:
    • "2f1" --> the character "f" is not a digit so the string gets terminated here, which leads to:
      • "2"
Thanks for the advice,
I'm using an external package which handles Version comparison (including alpha, beta releases) for me,
I'll add a special case for failed version parsing

If you are splitting the version string using the dot "." as a delimiter, then split could be examined from left to right looking for a non-digit. If a non-digit such as "f" is found, then the string from that point forward is terminated.

Example:
    • "0"
    • "7"
    • "2f1"
  • Each substring can be check from left to right, looking for non-digit character:
      • "2"
You have an amazing ability at explaining the intricacies so that people like me are able to understand what’s going on. Very much appreciated.

@CaseySJ @craighazan Thanks for your help

I was able to reproduce and fix the crash caused by SMC AMD Processor's malformed release tag.

Looks like the crash when switching to Setting window is caused by a missing entry in app's Info.plist to describe apps usage of Bluetooth API (new requirement in Sonoma ?). I explicitly added that required entry.

Please let me know if HackinDROM v2.2.2 fixes your crashs
https://github.com/Inqnuam/HackinDROM/releases/tag/v2.2.2

@CaseySJ @craighazan Thanks for your help

I was able to reproduce and fix the crash caused by SMC AMD Processor's malformed release tag.

Looks like the crash when switching to Setting window is caused by a missing entry in app's Info.plist to describe apps usage of Bluetooth API (new requirement in Sonoma ?). I explicitly added that required entry.

Please let me know if HackinDROM v2.2.2 fixes your crashs
https://github.com/Inqnuam/HackinDROM/releases/tag/v2.2.2

Good job -- the update on AMD Ryzen succeeded! AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement was updated properly. The icon on top left also works!

Screenshot 2024-05-12 at 2.34.50 PM.png

Back