Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI +32Gb DDR5 + i9-13900K + Radeon RX 6800XT

Hi Pulpinex,

After reading your guide, I decided to go for the same build as you have, also for the same reasons that this might be the last good build due the M platform, and your well detailed and therefor much appreciated guide!

I build several hackintoshes through the years but it's always an adventure to get it working but so far I managed to do it every time:)

My main question (and apologies if it's a stupid one) but I can't find the graphic card you are using and I was wondering if I should go for the:
ASRock Graphics Engine Radeon RX 6800 XT or the
PowerColor Graphics Engine Radeon RX 7800 XT

You have the RX 6800 XT but you have also a PowerColor...
Prices are the same so that won't make a difference.

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Regards,
Ray

take a look at:

Any 6800XT should works well!
I tested different 6800XT (asrock, gigabyte, XFX) with no issue!

Hi Pulpinex,

After several trials I confirm my issue. The installation seems to not terminate properly, and at restart the NVMe disk where MacOS is installed does not appear bootable. Not sure what you could do though, I would just be happy if you could confirm the steps I'm doing are OK? :)

- formatted USB drive on MAC using Mac Extended Journaled and GUID (APFS does not work for bootable drives)
- created Sonoma install media via terminal - everything is OK
- mounted the USB EFI partition with MountEFI
- partition is empty, copied in it your EFI folder from the zip OC 0.9.7 iMacPro1.1. This zip was without NVRAM folder, so in a second try, I took that folder to a previous EFI zip of yours - didn't change the result
- changed serial MTB and UUID with OC 0.9.7
- I consider the USB installation drive ready and plug in to the PC
- Boot and select Disk Utility to partition the selected NVMe drive in AFPS GUID (as per OpenCore installation guide)
- launch Install Sonoma, and select the appropriate formatted drive. When the process is about 12 minutes to finish it restart
- reboot with USB drive and select the second installation icon with a shape of a hard drive. The Apple logo appears with the progress bar below at a third, saying 29 minutes remaining. Up to now, all seems what I would expect to see.
- after few minutes the system reboots. No bootable drive visible, and if I select again the hard drive installation icon it just reboots. :banghead:

If you see any obvious flaw, it would be great to give me some direction?

any news?

tested also with suggestion in #167

Back