Contribute
Register

Fenvi T919 and Broadcom wifi back in Sonoma with OCLP

@Ben42
Do you mean using a single EFI to boot both Ventura and Sonoma?
You can:
  • set MinKernel=23.0.0 to IOSkywalkFamily.kext, IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext and IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcmNIC.kext so these kexts only are loaded on Sonoma
  • set MinKernel=23.0.0 to com.apple.iokit.IOSkywalkFamily (Kernel -> Block) so it is not blocked on Ventura
But you can't:
  • set csr-active-config=0000000, it must be 03080000 so you'll have SIP disabled on both Ventura and Sonoma
  • set SecureBootModel to any valid value other than Disabled so you'll have SecureBootModel disabled on both Ventura and Sonoma
If you are confortable having Ventura with SIP and SecureBootModel disabled, go on.
Thanks miliuco. I completely forgot about SIP and SecureBootModel. I'll probably create another EFI just for Sonoma to play around and see how it works. Maybe they'll make it easier to implement Broadcom WIFI in some following versions of OpenCore without using legacy patcher.

Ah, perhaps. In post #408 I explain I'm using a Broadcom BCM94360CS2 in an adapter, and getting very slow connectivity. As this is a real Apple wireless card I'm using OCLP 130 to patch the system.

I also have an Intel AX210 and a Fenvi card in my parts box and though I lose all the nice Apple extras when I use it, the Intel card has no connectivity or speed issues. Obviously I remove OCLP.

Hence me wondering about OCLP.

:)
Hey how bout you. I checked my bcm94360cs2. Yup, i feel that is slow on sonoma. My friend told me about ssdt-dmar.aml. Then with this ssdt. I feel like my bcm had to inscrease speed.
Without dmar acpi. Speedtest.net just ~25mbps
With dmar acpi. Speedtest show me 90mbps ( its same my ethernet 90mbps too )

Back