Contribute
Register

ASRock B760 Pro RS/D4 works perfectly in Sonoma but Radeon Pro W5700 has problems!!!!

UpdateSMBIOSMode should be paired with another entry in the config.plist. This is an essential fix for Dell laptop system Hacks. It also stops SMBIOS data being loaded in to Windows/Linux. So your other OS doesn’t appear as an Acidanthera Mac system.

The other entry you need to change is CustomSMBIOSGuid, which is located in the Kernel > Quirks section of your config. This setting is a Boolean True/False entry, the default config setting is False. Changing it to True/ Yes will fix the UpdateSMBIOSMode entry not working.

Although I don’t think these two entries will change how your CPU is displayed in About this Mac. Which is a purely cosmetic issue, it has no bearing in how the CPU works.

You need to use RestrictEvents.kext along with a NVRAM entry to get About this Mac to show your CPU’s name.

Have a read and follow the instructions for using the NVRAM options. You could also use a boot argument but I think the NVRAM entries are a cleaner fix.

You need to use RestrictEvents.kext along with a NVRAM entry to get About this Mac to show your CPU’s name.

Have a read and follow the instructions for using the NVRAM options. You could also use a boot argument but I think the NVRAM entries are a cleaner fix.
Thank you! I'll look into it.

UpdateSMBIOSMode should be paired with another entry in the config.plist. This is an essential fix for Dell laptop system Hacks. It also stops SMBIOS data being loaded in to Windows/Linux. So your other OS doesn’t appear as an Acidanthera Mac system.

The other entry you need to change is CustomSMBIOSGuid, which is located in the Kernel > Quirks section of your config. This setting is a Boolean True/False entry, the default config setting is False. Changing it to True/ Yes will fix the UpdateSMBIOSMode entry not working.

Although I don’t think these two entries will change how your CPU is displayed in About this Mac. Which is a purely cosmetic issue, it has no bearing in how the CPU works.
Nothing comes of it. RestrictiveEvents kext has already been connected and configured. But my problem is not with the name of the CPU, but with the fact that the serial number is missing after loading MacOS.

I assume the following:
  1. You are not using the Debug version of OpenCore.
  2. You have added the serial number, SystemUUID, MLB & ROM to the PlatformInfo > Generic section of your config.plist.
  3. That you have Saved the config after adding the SMBIOS data.
  4. Made sure that you saved it in the correct config.plist, i.e. the one in the EFI folder on the EFI partition of your macOS drive.
It should really be that simple.

Unfortunately no, it's not that simple.I've been using hackintosh for quite a long time, so of course all 4 points are fulfilled for me.I even found the EFI for my particular board, generated data for SMBIOS, and... Freezes again on boot. Here the UpdateSMBIOSMode parameter is set to "Create". If I change it to "Custom", the boot completes successfully, but there is no serial number again.This is where I took the EFI:
I even rolled back to the BIOS version that should run the specified EFIs, but that didn't help either. I don’t know what to do anymore, I’ll stay on the old Hackintosh for now)

Last edited:
Thanks for the help. Apparently the problem is more serious than I thought. I have very little free time now. But when it appears, I will start debugging and find out why the EFI, which works exactly on the exact same board for another person, does not work on my board.

Back