configuration Hardware

Motherboard
Asus Tuf Gaming B550-Plus
CPU
Ryzen 7 3700X
Graphics
RX 6700 XT
Good evening, I'm new to the tonymacx86.com site

My name is Daniel, I would like to know if with my configuration I can install macOS on my PC?

and if it's not possible what should I change?

Thanks in advance

The configuration is as follows

CPU:AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core
-------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------
Motherboard: Asus Tuf gaming B550-plus
-------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------
Bios:Vers.1804
Memory: 32GB 2400
Disks: Ssd Nvme 1tb Ssd 1Tb Hdd 2Tb
Graphics: Asus tuf gaming AMD Radeon RX 6700 xt
Network card: Asus Pcie AX200 wifi (I always connect wifi I can't use the cable)
Sound card:(Using AMD RX 6700 xt video card audio through hdmi)
Keyboard:Logitec Pop keys
Mouse:Logitec Pop mouse
WebCam:Logitec c270

Attachments

• 1701444182580.png
    1701444182580.png
    312 bytes · Views: 7
Last edited:
English please.

You don't need to change any components from your build, the system will run macOS as it is. Below is a view of the OpenCore EFI I use on a similar AMD system.

Ryzen 9 3900X (12-core), ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus WiFi II, RX 6700 XT, 1TB WD SN770, 32GB RAM.

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 16.28.33.png OC 0.9.5 EFI folder contents as viewed in Finder.

This should give you a few hints as to how your EFI should look, when you create it.

The SSDT-EC.aml, SSDT-HPET.aml, & SSDT-USBX.aml were created using Corpnewt's SSDTTime script. These can be generated in macOS or Windows. Guide linked below.

The SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml was generated following this guide.

The populated Resources folder can be obtained from Acidanthera's Github repository for OcBinaryData, linked below.

The HFSPlus.efi driver can be found in the Drivers folder in the OcBinaryData-Master folder, linked above.

The other drivers and tools are all part of OpenCore.

All B550 systems require SSDT-CPUR.aml in order to boot macOS. This can be obtained from the OpenCore Ryzen guide.

The kexts for your motherboard etc. can be downloaded from the Gathering Files section of the OpenCore guide.

This should be sufficient to get you up and running with an OpenCore EFI for your AMD system. If you get stuck come back and we should be able to help you fix any issues.

It's not exactly simple, but I'll study it a bit and then I'll try. If I have any problems I will contact you, thank you very much for everything.

You don't need to change any components from your build, the system will run macOS as it is.
The RX 6700 XT is not supported on MacOS. Yes, I know you may be able to use NootRX to enable it to work. But it is not guaranteed to work correctly, especially at this stage, right? The fact that you are able to get it to work does not mean others like the OP will be able to.

I would say that switching to a supported GPU like the RX 6800 or RX 6600 would be a better idea (unless, that is, if the OP can't afford to or simply unable to).

Others have successfully used the RX 6700 XT. I’m not the only one to use this GPU in macOS. So while it might be a better option to use a natively supported GPU, it isn’t the only option now that NootRX.kext is available.

I got a Sapphire Pulse RX 6700XT, 175K GB6. Works great in Sonoma 14.1.2.

Back