Contribute
Register

HDD / SSD won't show up during installation process

Ok - I've made a few changes, try this one.
Okay I retried but the system keeps restarting over and over again and shows the failure image listed below after clicking on "Install MacOS Ventura".

Attachments

• IMG_2390.jpeg
    IMG_2390.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 29
Okay I retried but the system keeps restarting over and over again and shows the failure image listed below after clicking on "Install MacOS Ventura".
At this stage, I am stumped as to what is wrong with your machine. My platform is the same chipset albeit by a different manufacturer (MSI) and it was relatively easy to install and run Ventura. The important thing is to insure the BIOS is set correctly by setting it to Default, save and reboot.

Then at the reboot go into the BIOS again and make sure it is set to ACHI, CFG to Disabled, Secure Boot to Disabled, save and that is it. With these settings, reboot and you should be good to go. Previously I asked who was it that setup your machine for BS as the same procedure would be the same for Ventura but you did not divulge the info so I can only guess it was not you judging by the problems you're having now.

At this stage, I am stumped as to what is wrong with your machine. My platform is the same chipset albeit by a different manufacturer (MSI) and it was relatively easy to install and run Ventura. The important thing is to insure the BIOS is set correctly by setting it to Default, save and reboot.

Then at the reboot go into the BIOS again and make sure it is set to ACHI, CFG to Disabled, Secure Boot to Disabled, save and that is it. With these settings, reboot and you should be good to go. Previously I asked who was it that setup your machine for BS as the same procedure would be the same for Ventura but you did not divulge the info so I can only guess it was not you judging by the problems you're having now.
No it was me I tried to Tell you that that‘s why I am losing my mind about that and I dont understand why it‘s not working correctly...

you think sata ssds and hdds have Problems with Ventura? I am thínking about buying a M2 ssd maybe that works …

No it was me I tried to Tell you that that‘s why I am losing my mind about that and I dont understand why it‘s not working correctly...
Oh Ok - The 'old spin up' hard drives although somewhat doable (I think), are not very good with APFS Format, you'd have a better chance with ssd drives or even better still M.2 Drives. The prices of these drive has dropped quite a lot so I think you'd be better off going that route for Ventura.

PS. Have a look at a compatibility list of SSD and M.2 Drives for (APFS Format) Ventura if you decide to invest in one as some are not very good and not recommended.

Thank you for sharing that EFI folder. I don‘t know what happens because booting Ventura with that vanilla EFI is not working. The attached image shows the result… and yes I cleaned the NVRAM.

In addition I tried to boot BS with your vanilla EFI and it restarts every time and I can‘t get into BS there.

I used the opencore sanitiy check to check my config.plist and it looked fine I guess.
you need a usbmapping for Big Sur + macOS versions. This symbol show, that the usbports disconnected.

Hey hey!, I am having exactly the same issue with Sonoma; I wonder if you guys found a solution or, even better, know why this happens. Thank you!

This is happening on my Asus Z490 + Rx 580 + 3.7 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9; the issue happens with SSD, SATA, USB, etc. If I go to the terminal and fdisk or df or diskutil doesn't show the devices( /dev/ ). It seems like USB and SATA ports aren't available at all.

Weird: I tried to hack it by creating an installing SATA drive, and it recognizes the drive ( and the partitions of the installer ), but it seems like the installation doesn't see any HD.

Last edited:
Back