Contribute
Register

HELP! Install Multibeast in MacBook Air and now will not start!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hackintosh (Imac 12.1) GA-Z77-DS3H (F10)
CPU
I5 3570K (3.4->3.8) OC (4.2)
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 640
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello, first, sorry for my bad English, I hope you understand me.
I am researching the exciting world of Hackintosh, but my knowledge is still very low.

My sister has a MacBook Air 2010 and leave me to do some testing with Multibeast 5.0.0

As I thought this would create an executable SW, install it in the MBA (marking all installable options!) And the end came an error message "The installation failed" (do not remember exactly)

I thought there was nothing happened, but I started having problems with the trackpad .... MBA and restart ....
:-o:crazy:AAAaarrrggg! (Kernell error and does not start: S/O is not yet) :banghead:

After many turns, erase the disk and reinstalled finished Mountain Lion, uffff everything right, and I was using a week without problem, as always ...
But going to upgrade to 10.8.2 from ML ls App Store (Software Update), ... the MBA again "no boot" (apple with spinning wheel)

I fear I have become one original MacBook Air in a lifelong zoombi

Can anyone help me fix my "forever" and restore original settings MBA my sister ... (returns from vacation this week and I panic!)

Whaaaaat!!

aflac-duck.jpg

OMG!! What were you thinking!! MultiBeast is not for Apple Macintoshs, rather MultiBeast is ONLY to be run on PC hardware AFTER installing OS X with UniBeast.

slapem.gif

No further humiliate me, now if I have it clear last week but did not. :oops:

I need someone to help me find a solution. :crazy:

For my head against the wall, I am enough alone ... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

in all fairness that was really stupid
you'll more than likely have to erase the hard drive and install 10.8.2 via usb (and erase partition on install)
but id try to install over existing os first and delete the kexts you added with multibeast (this might not work/boot) youll need to know what to delete but id guess if you didnt know installing multibeast selecting all options would break any os install nevermind on a mac book air id assume you wont know what to delete
i dont know any way to mount the hard drive from another working installation

oh just thought of something
you could get an external usb drive install osx on it via usb

boot from external drive mount the ssd macintosh hd find the extra folder delete it go to system find extensions delete it

boot into usb installer and install over macintosh hd (should work )

Unless someone has better recommendations.....ie going into single user mode and deleting the multibeast files....look up in the forum the details and follow carefuuly. It will be in text only.....no fancy graphical user interface. Otherwise, you may have to do the following....

See if, she has a time machine backup.....then you will be able to easily restore.... You will have to ask her this.......yea, you have to admit to making a mistake......we are human after all.......

Otherwise, Apple makes it easy to Restore a 'broken' Mac..... I want to say on bootup, push and hold the command key and R. For more information......

http://www.apple.com/osx/recovery/

Hopefully she has some sort of ethernet connection (such as USB to ethernet). I imagine it'll connect through the wifi, if you know her settings and her password.

Just cross your fingers and hope she backs up everything routinely. Like I said, another method would be to delete the files in super user mode (search the forums). If you are really lucky, maybe doing the 'command and R' restore method, booting it up and clicking on "Disk Utility" and attempt to repair the disk will work.

Hopefully I have at least given you some options for 'recovery.' Or at least someone with more experience will give their advice/opinion.

Hi, thanks for your replies.
Last week I managed to repair it as follows:

- Reset of NVRAM, PRAM, Repair Permissions (errors were following)

- Boot into recovery mode
- Disk utility to copy the data to a USB disk
- Erase the disc MBA
- Reinstall USB Mountain Lion

To erase the disk and reinstall ML, everything worked again. But after upgrading to 10.8.2 via Apple Store, and see the errors, I have fear of touching MBA components that are not restored by this operation.

If I perform this restoration, I will be in the same situation when you update via "software update")

Now I get the following errors:

-Boot "CMD + V" :
DSC04476.jpg

-Boot "Shift":
DSC04475.jpg

What Multibeast updated components that resist "Disk erase"?

Thank you very much for your help
I'm desperate!

im not sure i know what stage your at
i assume
you have erased the partition macintosh hd
you have entered recovery and reinstalled 10.8
and this is working until you update to 10.8.2

updating to 10.8.2 wont install harmfull kexts
i can see from your verabose boot the nullcpupowermanagement kext is still present at least
but erase would have deleted everything

a install over the macintosh hd with deleted extra folder and extentions in system /library keep a copy of the original macintosh hd
use a usb installer 10.8.2 download the new app from app store and create a usb installer youll find a guide (google it)

Hello again!

I gave the same steps again, with the same result

- Erase the disk
- Boot from USB and install ML8.0.1
- Update (via appstore), reboot and ....

No boot!

Samme error !!

I will never ever go back to update via AppleStore?

That is what makes MultiBeast not "disappear" to erase the disk?

Where I can find a guide "for Dummies" to fix it?

I promise never to touch my sister's MBA!

Attachments

• DSC04477.jpg
    DSC04477.jpg
    552.2 KB · Views: 694
If you installed Chimera via EasyBeast, UserDSDT or separately it overwrote the MBR on the internal disk.

AFAIK just a format of the drive will not fully erase Chimera. You need to re-paration the drive as a single partition and reinstall OS X.

Hi! Finally I was able to install ML10, 8.2 via Appstore! :rolleyes:
This time I deleted the disk partitions and have re-created.
By the way, I haven't restored the backup, I'm now loading applications and data one to one, if there was any app that did not work well with the latest version.

Thank you all for the support!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back