Contribute
Register

Help Installing Ventura on MSI Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi

Yes, but is it a SATA SSD (requires data and power cables) or a NVMe M.2 drive (install directly onto the motherboard)?
It is a SATA SSD, I am planning on adding a NVME M.2 but it won't be for another week or so.

I have actually made some progress, I found a YT video that documents the whole open Core process quite well so I followed it going through my own config.plist. There were a couple of kexts I did not have (latest version of USBInjectall & XHCI-unsupported) I think I misread the guide regarding the XHCI-Usupported kext. What else was different was arranging them in a specific order and this also applied to the SSDT's. Anyway when I added the modified EFI folder back to the Ventura installation disk it booted properly. I am beginning to wonder if the issue was all the USB ports on this motherboard. I should have also mapped the USB ports in Windows before beginning. I have done this now however.

It has been a while since I built a Hackintosh and previously I had always used either Dell or Lenovo prebuilt systems. This was a good learning curve in troubleshooting though. I will be installing Ventura in the next day or so.

Back