Contribute
Register

Intel HD Graphics 4000 support on Snow Leopard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
CPU
i7 > Need full CPU name > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
  3. Portable
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
  6. SE
I have a bit of a strange situation.. I managed to get Snow Leopard working on my 2012 MacBook Pro Ivy Bridge (Unsupported). I know this community is for hackintoshes but that's part of how I got here, and where a lot of the patched kexts etc. seem to come from. I really want to get some basic video support (multiple resolutions) working so I can run some old PPC games on my MacBook. Even without GPU accelleration the games run really well but they either run in a window or a small part of the screen which isn't ideal.

Snow Leopard Is incredibly fast and there are no issues with PPC app support. There is no video or sound support but Snow Leopard recognises 64MB VRAM (out of the 1536 MB shared memory) and understandably has "no kext loaded". I've tried installing the Intel kexts from Mavericks but they don't work, I'm assuming there are other system requirements for these to be compatible.

I also tried installing the Natit package which resulted in the GPU being recognised as an NVDIA GPU with 128MB, but I still couldn't get any other resolutions other than native.

Are there any packages or kexts out there that could bring some basic compatibility to the Intel HD Graphics 4000 on Snow Leopard? I've been searching for the last few days but haven't had much luck. Since I'm not using Clover etc. and am using a real Mac I can't use Clover config hacks etc. I've only really played around with trying some different kexts.

I also tried changing some NVIDIA gpu ids mentioned here but it didn't seem to do anything, the files attached to that thread are long gone now too.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 5.55.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 5.55.43 PM.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 5.55.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 5.55.54 PM.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 22
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back