DELL Inspiron 7560
CPU
i7-7500u
Graphics
HD 620 / 940MX , 1920x1080
Motherboard: Z68XP-UD3P

High Sierra: 10.13.1

APFS

Multibeast (10.1.1 )install does not report an error, but if I check the Kexts/Others folder, it is empty and system cannot boot from the SSD.
I tried manually mounting the EFI partition first with EFI mounter and I get the same problem.

If I manually copy the kexts over from my Unibeast installer to the SSD's EFI partition, the system boots.

Attachments

• Multibeast-Installlog-crunchie.txt
    208.4 KB · Views: 210
MultiBeast never has and never will install kexts to the Clover Kexts/Other folder. This is documented in the MultiBeast pdf that comes with the application and in the application itself in the description for each choice. This has also been discussed many many times before on the forum.

MultiBeast installs all kexts in /Library/Extensions per Apple's documentation.

Last edited by a moderator:
My bad, I could have sworn that MultiBeast copies fakesmc etc to the EFI partition when installing clover to The disk.
It’s nowhere to be seen in the EFI partition hence I can’t boot clover on the SSD until I manually put fakesmc on there or get network working until the Ethernet kext is there and so on.

I remember Kexts always used to be in Library/Extensions but I've been away for a while and noticed UniBeast puts them in kexts/other hence expecting MB to do the same.

Did you install Clover, FakeSMC and a System Definition to the destination disk with MultiBeast?

That is the minimum needed to boot a new clean installation.

Did you install Clover, FakeSMC and a System Definition to the destination disk with MultiBeast?

That is the minimum needed to boot a new clean installation.
I did, but the system wouldn’t boot until I manually put fakesmc on the disks EFI partition ( in Kexts/others)

Then you obliviously did something wrong.

If you used MultiBeast correctly, the system will boot from the disk you did the Quick Start to.

I’ve just done a clean install of 10.13.2 , I monitored S/L/E after running multibeast and it definitely isn’t putting FakeSMC in there.

I stil can’t get my system to boot using multibeast QuickStart.
If I copy the unibeast clover config over to HDD, it boots .

Could it be because I have multiple disks in my system?

Read post # 2 again

Oops OK it is there lol.

Figured out the Kernel panic issue too.

I needed to Drop MATS in ACPI. That was the only difference in the config.plist

Be gentle, it’s my birthday lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back