Contribute
Register

[Solved] NVIDIA Web Driver iBooks Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Metal 2 solves this problem.

It won't. It has nothing to do with this problem

edit: it's more likely the eGPU situation will fix it: either Apple will have to come up with a solution that allows third party video card drivers to work 100%, or they'll just start shipping modern Nvidia drivers with the OS.

A question. In the new high sierra is the problem continuing to exist? is it someone who has test this?

Last edited:
A question. In the new high sierra is the problem continuing to exist? is it someone who has test this?

Same question here...

I just upgraded my version of Little Snitch to version 4.0, and am now seeing the same "invisible window" behavior with the Little Snitch network monitor window. Bummer!

See here for a possible fix.

I'm using the 17,1 sys def - applied the 'fix' outlined here and iBooks working perfectly. No other issues.

iMac17,1 as this matches my hardware (100 series motherboard, 6700k CPU, etc.). Well, aside from the Nvidia card I guess.
Well, I have a 200-series board & a Kaby Lake CPU, both of which are "appearing" as 100-series/Skylake...

The mods have suggested sticking with 14,2 as there are fewer issues (if any), so that's why I'm using it. I don't know what the SMBIOS actually does for the system, but, hey, if it ain't broke... ;)

iMac17,1 as this matches my hardware (100 series motherboard, 6700k CPU, etc.). Well, aside from the Nvidia card I guess. From what I understand it does appear that the two solutions are mutually exclusive - you have one or the other, but not both.

Interesting. I see you have an ASUS board as well. May I ask how you are using the fix? Just injecting the ig-platform-id with Clover?
I just followed the 6 steps outlined in this post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-i7-6700k-gtx-980.198470/page-45#post-1505676

I was going out of my mind trying to fix XCode view hierarchy debugging and Reveal.app before I saw the suggestion to enable integrated graphics, but after enabling them everything is working perfect for me. I am on a Z97 board with a GTX970 driving two 34" 3440x1440 screens via DisplayPort on macOS 10.12.2. I did notice to get integrated graphics working correctly with XCode and Reveal I had to ensure that one of the screens was plugged in to the onboard DisplayPort connector and the other is plugged into the GTX970, and BIOS must have the initial display output set to the integrated graphics.
I did find one workaround, at least for XCode view hierarchy debugging that worked without enabling integrated graphics, but it's a bit of a hack, and doesn't fix the problem with Reveal:

cd /Applications
sudo cp -R Xcode.app Xcode-unsigned.app
sudo codesign --remove-signature Xcode-unsigned.app
Then open the Xcode-unsigned.app and open your project. If you have an existing iOS Simulator open, I'd suggest quitting it before attempting to debug using the unsigned Xcode copy. I don't know if this has any side effects and I only used that when I needed to debug the view hierarchy, but it did work for me before I enabled integrated graphics. I tried removing the codesigning on Reveal but the app crashes on launch when there isn't a valid code signature.

For reference purposes, below are the changes I made to my config.plist to get the integrated graphics working properly with Xcode and Reveal.app. I'm not 100% certain if all of them were required because I tried so many different things before it finally worked. I think the key for my particular setup was plugging one monitor into the onboard DisplayPort connector.

Under /ACPI/DSDT, I added:

<key>Fixes</key>
<dict>

<key>FIX_INTELGFX_100000</key>
<true/>
<key>FixDisplay_0100</key>
<true/>
<key>NewWay_80000000</key>
<true/>
</dict>
The /Graphics dictionary looks like this:
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>

<key>Inject</key>
<dict>

<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>NvidiaSingle</key>
<false/>
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0D220003</string>
</dict>
Just in case it matters, my /RtVariables/BooterConfig is set to 0x28, my /RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x67, and I've got my SMBIOS setup as iMac14,2. As it stands right now I have both screens working fully at 3440x1440 with full acceleration and have no issues with Xcode, Reveal, or iBooks. Hope this helps.

View attachment 229320View attachment 229321

Thanks you so much.. my problem solved. I can read epub on Ibooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back