Graphics
GT 210
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi!
My Z68 has been working perfectly for years, but this strange issue happens very seldom... here's the capture from the export txt by Hackintool:
Capture d’écran 2022-10-27 à 10.50.21.jpg

I have noticed it because when this happens, all the Chromium based browsers (Chromium, Brave and Opera in my case) have their settings reset and extensions disappear!
Until now, I thought it was an issue with Chromium itself but today I checked a few other things and Hackintool: bingo! Indeed, Apple Mail has its passwords reset too, just like when you change SMBIOS.
My current fix is to restart and restore the corresponding Application Support folders.
When things work normally (most of the time), I can see System ID in Hackintool as it is in config.plist.
Capture d’écran 2022-10-27 à 11.23.36.jpg

Any idea about the cause? and a possible fix?

Last edited:
Is there anyway to get the System ID via a Terminal command?
I know of "system_profiler SPSoftwareDataType SPHardwareDataType" but there's no data type for System ID...
It would be nice if I could run a check at login to have an alert saying "Hey! Your System ID is ???", so that I'd reboot immediately when it happens.:thumbup:

Um... use Safari? What do

have that Safari does not? Asking from my ignorance, sorry.
Sorry, my english is quite basic, I guess, I don't understand the meaning of your sentence.
As I wrote: Chromium based browsers are affected by that issue, they are not causing the issue...

@wstrohm is saying, "Just use Safari browser instead of the others"
Thanks for the translation. ;)
But that clearly won't fix the issue: @wstrohm probably didn't read when I wrote "Apple Mail has its passwords reset too, just like when you change SMBIOS", so in what way using Safari would help? :mrgreen: That's as clever as saying "use Windows"...

Thanks for the translation. ;)
But that clearly won't fix the issue: @wstrohm probably didn't read when I wrote "Apple Mail has its passwords reset too, just like when you change SMBIOS", so in what way using Safari would help? :mrgreen: That's as clever as saying "use Windows"...

Well I have been wondering about your problem, but only now have applied (what is left of) my brain to the problem!

As far as I know the System ID (UUID) is the one generated for your DataHub - Generic - PlatformNVRAM setting in an OpenCore config.plist, or the SmUUID generated by Clover in the SMBIOS/System section. So it is a part of our Hackintosh method for injecting data to make macOS think we are genuine Macs...

Okay, so that's understood. The problem remains - why does this get removed or deleted ?

This could be a bootloader issue. If we assume the EFI partition on your drive is still good, and not corrupted - you can check it easily - we then have to consider other things. Perhaps there is a cache hidden deeply in the macOS system that records this UUID, or perhaps it's held in NVRAM.

This is such an unusual problem that I feel a little out of my depth. But for what it's worth, those are the areas I would check.

But if I am miles off target, then let me know when you fix it! :thumbup:

That's as clever as saying "use Windows"...
Reminds me of the lyrics to that old song...

You treated me like a doggone dog for so long
And I went along just to keep peace in our home
But there's one thing I want to do, I think it's time
That I tell it to you:

I don't do Windows

Well I have been wondering about your problem, but only now have applied (what is left of) my brain to the problem!

As far as I know the System ID (UUID) is the one generated for your DataHub - Generic - PlatformNVRAM setting in an OpenCore config.plist, or the SmUUID generated by Clover in the SMBIOS/System section. So it is a part of our Hackintosh method for injecting data to make macOS think we are genuine Macs...

Okay, so that's understood. The problem remains - why does this get removed or deleted ?

This could be a bootloader issue. If we assume the EFI partition on your drive is still good, and not corrupted - you can check it easily - we then have to consider other things. Perhaps there is a cache hidden deeply in the macOS system that records this UUID, or perhaps it's held in NVRAM.

This is such an unusual problem that I feel a little out of my depth. But for what it's worth, those are the areas I would check.

But if I am miles off target, then let me know when you fix it! :thumbup:
Thanks a lot for your head scratching! :thumbup:
Indeed, it's such a rare issue that it took me a long time to spot it (happens once every month or every two months — I'm starting now to write down the dates but I haven't noticed any event that might trigger it).
Maybe it's something with my build (the UEFI bios was marked as Beta... https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z68XP-UD3-rev-13/support#support-dl-bios)
I'll let you know if I find anything. ;)

EDIT: not really a workaround, but I've put Hackintool in the Login Items, not an elegant solution, but at least I spot it immediately when it happens...

Last edited:
Back