Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I remember this came up recently with another user, but I can't find the thread!. My Ryzen 7 5700X doesn't want to boost past 3.6 Ghz, it seems stuck, I've tried enabling/disabling 4G Encoding and using/not using ncpi=0x3000 boot-arg!. hmm...
Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 8.53.15 AM.png

My Ryzen 7 5700G shows the full 4.6GHz Turbo Boost being available, but I am still running Ventura on this system (due to Broadcom WiFi/BT).

Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 15.05.12.png

Could be an OS incompatibility in Sonoma, as the Developer has stopped work on the app and kexts. So no updates have been released for Sonoma. In fact the last update v 0.7.1 was for Ventura Beta 3 (12 July 20222). With no releases/updates since July 2022, it isn't really surprising the App doesn't work correctly in Sonoma.

To get the App to show the Motherboard name, simply change Misc > Security > ExposeSensitiveData from '6' to '8' and your motherboard details will be displayed correctly, in the Power Tool section of the app.

I might just remove the App and corresponding texts, isn’t that what ChefKissInc suggest?, it’s very resource hungry!. I’m working on rebuilding the EFI as well as I accidentally deleted the config.plist yesterday.

I might just remove the App and corresponding texts, isn’t that what ChefKissInc suggest?
Yes that is their recommendation. Resouce hungry and possible KP's caused by the kexts.

I had to download and install the app on this system to test it out. That is when I noticed how old the kexts and app are.

I will be removing it again shortly, as I'm not a fan of the app.

Good to see you can access this site again!

Good to see you can access this site again!
Agreed, would never of thought having my internet upgraded could cause so many issues. Finally solved ‘Steam’ this morning after a lot of back and forth. I do appreciate the 200MB download speeds though.

Back