Contribute
Register

UtterDisbelief Goes Small - NUC10 i5 UHD630 32GB

As regards to your files , corrupting... nope .. I used MD5 to check them all, and they were fine.
What I copied was the same checksum, both sides.

Curious. I don't think I offered an MD5 checksum to verify the files. What happens locally, of course, I can't help with.

And, if it was the format of the EFI partition being wrong, then it would not boot the Windows...

Not quite.

Windows does not have the same EFI partition size requirement as macOS does.

It's clearly some incompatibility with the NUC boot.

No evidence of that here, unfortunately. However you have to be careful with the BIOS settings as it was initially tricky to iron-out those for sleep/wake.

anyway ... ill leave it over night, then gradually delete stuff that does not belong in the EFI partition.

Good luck. :thumbup:

Yep... it's not the first clone I have built , this is what is so insane, there is nothing normal about this.
But after 12 hours It's still fine.
I'm going to start to try and clean it up...
I bought the NUC real cheap brand new, from clearance, fully sealed.

I'm going to try and re-install montery over the current montery, see if that blows the cobwebs out...

Attachments

• strange.jpg
    strange.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 3
Yep... it's not the first clone I have built , this is what is so insane, there is nothing normal about this.
But after 12 hours It's still fine.
I'm going to start to try and clean it up...
I bought the NUC real cheap brand new, from clearance, fully sealed.

I'm going to try and re-install montery over the current montery, see if that blows the cobwebs out...
the EFI partition would normally be named EFI

OK! I updated to the latest Monterey.
Yep, ref EFI....... "one 'thing' at a time sweet Jesus......"

The latest Monterey went in clean.
I removed the Apple folder in the EFI & its still OK. No changes to the other files.

I'll slowly clean up over the next few days.

One interesting thing is the main macOS disk was named "details2", and the EFi boots to "details2"

I renamed the drive on macOS to "boot",
and the osx startup drive in system shows this.

But in the EFI , it's still called "details2" , but boots fine.

Hi there.

Sorry to be so late in replying.

At the moment I am running a new hacktintosh - the Gigabyte B760 - which I have been concentrating on. So my NUC is back in it's storage box for the time being.

I didn't have the problems you are experiencing. Everything worked well, including the power-management for wake and sleep. This needs the specific BIOS settings I explain in the build to work properly. I did a lot of rigorous testing before I uploaded the EFI and did not have any wake-failure errors.

Mind you, I did not try to change the CPU power settings for more speed, but just left the defaults in place.

Sorry I am unable to go further at this time. :)
Hey!:) Don't worry about your feedback delay. Thanks!:) My errors I only see in the System Report, otherwise NUC starts and works. I still have a few things to clarify. Then I will let you know what and how, of course, if you/or anyone else is interested.

P.S. As I read, do you think, that the hackintosh will survive Apple invasion, that they constantly working to eliminate old hardware from macOS?

Hey! Don't worry about your feedback delay. Thanks! My errors I only see in the System Report, otherwise NUC starts and works. I still have a few things to clarify. Then I will let you know what and how, of course, if you/or anyone else is interested.

P.S. As I read, do you think, that the hackintosh will survive Apple invasion, that they constantly working to eliminate old hardware from macOS?

I plan on keeping my NUC running macOS whatever Apple decides to do! If they stop it accessing iCloud, that's no problem for me. There are other online services. If we can only go as far as Sonoma then we should still have three more years of security updates (unless Apple stops that). When Safari starts to become old and insecure along with Google Chrome or Edge, and no longer supported, I will perhaps dual-boot Chrome OS Flex because the NUC runs that very, very well. But I expect that to be a few years away just yet. :thumbup:

Back