Contribute
Register

Which NAS do you use with your Hackintosh ?

Good stuff craighazan, didn't expect you would try this on a P3. If you're running Docker on OMV then make sure to secure your sensitive data with some kind Secrets or Vault cause those video guides (great as they are) do leave your sensitive data e.g., login name, passwords, etc., exposed following the Docker up command IMO.
I would appreciate the Pi 4s USB3 ports, but they're either unavailable or over priced!. I haven't got it owned yet though remembering the password for mounting 'Time Machine' in macOS is my current headache, thinking I should create a new user!. The 'Docker' thing intrigues me, not sure I understand what it does though, it was available from the sidebar before, do I need to add the plugin?. I.didn't think the Pi 3 B+ was up to it either, I was able to backup to the 32GB card wirelessly with nothing attached at one point.

The 'Docker' thing intrigues me, not sure I understand what it does though, it was available from the sidebar before, do I need to add the plugin?.
Have a look at the link supplied in my Raspberry Pi 4 Post #42 for a full guides on OMV and Docker.
I don't own a Pi. I have a old PC with Ubuntu Server working on it but have not tried Docker yet. I will eventually but want to learn how to secure sensitive data in those Docker apps firstly using Secrets or some kind of Vault.

Back