Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I prepared a USB drive with UniBeast and BridgeHelper 4.0.1 and booted from it. I got stuck at the boot screen with a no symbol over the apple. When I booted verbose I got the error

From path: “uuid”, Waiting on <dict ID=”0”><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID=”1”>IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID=”2”>boot-uuid-media</string></dict>
Still waiting for root device

I learned this error happens when a UniBeast drive is plugged into a USB 3.0 port. I soonj learned my computer only has USB 3.0 ports :banghead: . Is there any way to boot into the the installer?
Any help will be greatly appreciated. :thumbup:

Hi leerleer,

Same thing has happened to me! New Asus N56 with Ivy i7 and ONLY usb 3.0!

I hope someone has a solution please?

Thanks.

My only thought is a USB 2.0 expresscard, and get to Chimera with the Unibeast flash drive in the USB 3.0 slot, then move it to the 2.0 card and refresh (or use 2 flash drives).

Then again it may not work at all either..

Do you have any front panel USB 2 ports?

leerleer said:
I prepared a USB drive with UniBeast and BridgeHelper 4.0.1 and booted from it. I got stuck at the boot screen with a no symbol over the apple. When I booted verbose I got the error

From path: “uuid”, Waiting on <dict ID=”0”><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID=”1”>IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID=”2”>boot-uuid-media</string></dict>
Still waiting for root device

I learned this error happens when a UniBeast drive is plugged into a USB 3.0 port. I soonj learned my computer only has USB 3.0 ports :banghead: . Is there any way to boot into the the installer?
Any help will be greatly appreciated. :thumbup:
Your, is a new Ivy bridge system?
.........problem....not support now :thumbdown:

EDIT

Only USB3 is a big trouble, if Apple does not put the native support

Asus N56 is also a notebook, so not sure where front panel ports would be.. :D

My experiences with MacOS running on notebooks has been pretty much a fail except for the Probook 4530s, and that only works thanks to Blueking and Tonymac.. Desktops, I have had fairly good luck if I look around first..

Successes:
Probook 4530s
HP xw4600 (requires DSDT patch for USB, alternate NIC driver I found, VoodooHDA)
HP 6200 Pro desktop (with video card swap, VoodooHDA)
Asus P7P55D, i5-750

Okay, I just figured out my eSata port doubles as a USB 2.0 port. Unfortunately USB 2.0 was not the problem :banghead: .

I've also used Unibeast with 10.7.4 and BridgeHelper 4.0.1.
I have also tried different USB sticks to no avail.
Still getting: Waiting for root device.

I have tried -v, -x, GraphicsEnabler=No, PCIRootUID=1, PCIRootUID=0.

Any other way to try whilst avoiding USB? Perhaps copying Unibeast contents to a DL-DVD and booting from there?

Thanks.

onkytonk said:
I've also used Unibeast with 10.7.4 and BridgeHelper 4.0.1.
I have also tried different USB sticks to no avail.
Still getting: Waiting for root device.

I have tried -v, -x, GraphicsEnabler=No, PCIRootUID=1, PCIRootUID=0.

Any other way to try whilst avoiding USB? Perhaps copying Unibeast contents to a DL-DVD and booting from there?

Thanks.
Sorry again, but your USB, have the controller integrated into the CPU,

I do not think you can make it install from USB, no drivers exist in Lion

Even if you fill a DVD, then you will not have doors, hoping that the trackpad work.
test with rBoot-LE for not supported cpu (in download section):
You can start with that, remove the CD from the player after it has loaded into memory, and put your custom installation DVD...

I will try rBoot as a last resort. If all else fails, I guess I'll just wait for official Ivy support with Mountain Lion hopefully.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back