Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68XP-UD4
CPU
i7-2700K
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Hello all!

Not sure if this is a problem that can be helped on this board (since this is technically a Windows problem more so than my Lion/Hackintosh), but my system specs are:

GA-Z68XP-UD4
16GB RAM
Intel i7-2700k
GTX 570 HD SC

Sleep works perfectly with my Lion partition - I have BIOS F5 running (there is technically a newer version of BIOS and the new UEFI BIOS that are out, but I am hesitant on installing because A) my system works fine as it is, and why fix something that isn't broken, and B) it took me a while to get HDMI audio working and I don't feel like doing that process again, but I will if I have to). However, in my Windows partition, when I go to put the system to sleep, it doesn't work - it just logs off. I tried running powercfg and found that S3 is enabled but S1 and S2 are disabled (which is fine, sleep should still work). I did another energy report and tried disconnecting my wireless keyboard/mouse (I have a cheap Microsoft wireless combo), and my speakers (so nothing was plugged in) and still, it did not work. I have a wireless card and firewire card, not sure if those could mess up anything... Not sure what else to do. I built a Hackintosh so I can do video/photo editing on my Mac partition but do my main work on my Windows partition, and I really use sleep a lot.

Again, I know this probably isn't the right place to ask this question since I feel this is more about Hackintosh/Mac partition problems, but if anyone has any suggestions on why this might be or what I can do to see if I can find the problem, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

what are your settings in your

control panel-->power options-->advanced settings

I know I had to change mine in win 7 to get sleep to work properly.

my settings(that I know I changed):

Sleep
sleep after--30 min
allow hybrid sleep--off
Hibernate after--50 min
allow wake timers--disable

Power buttons and lid
Power button action--Shut down
Sleep button action--Hibernate

Display
Turn off display after--15 mins

Multimedia settings
when sharing media--allow the computer to sleep

I do believe win 7 at the least wants some type of value for some if not all of these "settings"...

Good Luck

I had some of my own custom settings, but "Allow Hybrid Sleep" was ON and "Allow Wake Timers" was ENABLED; I changed this and viola, my computer goes to sleep! Very odd - well, I hope this helps someone else who is having this problem, but thanks very much pizzamac for your reply! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back