Contribute
Register

Budget Friendly AMD 620 Motherboards launch

I guess someone had to find out!.

Last edited:
More details have appeared for ASUS A620 Motherboards, no prices yet though!.

Gigabytes A620 Gaming X motherboard has been listed on Newegg, only one M.2 slot on this board.

Screenshot 2023-04-13 at 7.22.40 AM.png

Yeah, but it is an MSI board!!!!!

Have you considered all the issues AMD MSI board owners have had previously when running macOS? Never mind the fact that the AMD 7000 series CPU's require a lot of faffing before they can run macOS.

The MSI board above shouldn't be seen as a recommendation, in fact I would recommend people not purchase an AMD MSI board, no matter how tempting the price, not until any Hackintosh issues have been identified and resolved.

Yeah, but it is an MSI board!!!!!

Have you considered all the issues AMD MSI board owners have had previously when running macOS? Never mind the fact that the AMD 7000 series CPU's require a lot of faffing before they can run macOS.

The MSI board above shouldn't be seen as a recommendation, in fact I would recommend people not purchase an AMD MSI board, no matter how tempting the price, not until any Hackintosh issues have been identified and resolved.
My recommendation would be the Gigabyte Gaming X AX, according to the tubes you could happily plonk in a ‘X’ and get performance close to a 650 or 670 in gaming. I understand what they mean about limiting the threaded performance shown in CineBench, I have the same issue with my ‘X’ on the 320, not that you’d notice!. It does at least have one USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type A port!.

Screenshot 2023-04-14 at 11.43.27 PM.png

Last edited:
ASRock shows their hand with all four of their A620 motherboards, the ASRock A620M Pro RS WiFi has four M.2 slots!. Three M Key & one E Key, the two from the CPU are Gen4X4, the other one and the E Key are from the chipset. ASUS chucks in their TUF Gaming A620M-PLUS WiFi, like the ASRock it too has dual M Keys at Gen4X4. Gigabyte remains the only option if you're after a budget 620 motherboard with USB 3.2 Gen 2, msi, ASUS and ASRock only have 3.2 Gen 1.
My money is still on Gigabytes A620M Gaming X AX, will be interesting to see what price it releases at!.

Screenshot 2023-04-22 at 2.46.41 AM.png

Last edited:
On the Gigabyte A620M Gaming X, there's a slot for the WiFi, it looks like 6+12 Pin, could you install your own WiFi?.
1000.png

Ryan got a chance to test ASRocks A620M-HDV/M.2 + motherboard with top end AMD CPU's, I thought the X3D's fared better on this budget board.

ASUS jump in with easily the most expensive A620 motherboard we're ever likely to see!, the TUF Gaming A620M WiFi at a measly $439 on Newegg. Go ASUS!.

Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 9.30.02 AM.png

Back