Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] OC Monterey Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 + Core i7 8750H + Samsung 1TB 960 EVO PCIE NVME

I finally figured everything out and did it! Now on Ventura! First installed a pre-build and replaced with the latest EFI... Everything works except Bluetooth... I did re generate simbios with the Open Core Configurator ...

Do I have to add the bt kexts files uploaded in the separated zip file too? Or am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks <3

I finally figured everything out and did it! Now on Ventura! First installed a pre-build and replaced with the latest EFI... Everything works except Bluetooth... I did re generate simbios with the Open Core Configurator ...

Do I have to add the bt kexts files uploaded in the separated zip file too? Or am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks <3
you need the wifi and bluetooth kexts to make your wifi/bluetooth work

The latest version I used from your EFI.zip files is 0.9.4 .... It has both WiFi and Bluetooth kekts files and I have the same hardware as this user.

My WiFi is working great even with WiFi 5GHz... But not bluetooth... It can not be enabled...

I did re-generate simbios information since they were needed for this. But still no luck. Can't get bluetooth to work.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    32.7 MB · Views: 3
The latest version I used from your EFI.zip files is 0.9.4 .... It has both WiFi and Bluetooth kekts files and I have the same hardware as this user.

My WiFi is working great even with WiFi 5GHz... But not bluetooth... It can not be enabled...

I did re-generate simbios information since they were needed for this. But still no luck. Can't get bluetooth to work.
info.plist in your USBPorts.kext mentions MacBookPro16,1 but your config.plist is using MacBookPro15,1
they need to be the same

boot-args:
-v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=17 -wegbeta -wegnoegpu igfxonln=1 -no_compat_check brcmfx-country=#a darkwake=0 swd_panic=1 -noDC9 -lilubetaallay=1
no need for "beta" ones (also -lilubetaallay=1 is very wrong anyway)

info.plist in your USBPorts.kext mentions MacBookPro16,1 but your config.plist is using MacBookPro15,1
they need to be the same

boot-args:
-v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=17 -wegbeta -wegnoegpu igfxonln=1 -no_compat_check brcmfx-country=#a darkwake=0 swd_panic=1 -noDC9 -lilubetaallay=1
no need for "beta" ones (also -lilubetaallay=1 is very wrong anyway)
Changed all of them (changed both devices to MacBookPro15,2 (with simbios details) since it's better for BT and removed beta args... Still no BT . (I also did a nvram reset.)

tried adding the IntelBTPatcher.kext as well.... Everything else works but BT... :)

Attachments

• photo_2024-01-04_20-36-22.jpg
    photo_2024-01-04_20-36-22.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 2
Changed all of them (changed both devices to MacBookPro15,2 (with simbios details) since it's better for BT and removed beta args... Still no BT . (I also did a nvram reset.)

tried adding the IntelBTPatcher.kext as well.... Everything else works but BT... :)
you forgot to zip and upload your EFI

you still have:
MacBookPro16,1-XHC

in your info.plist in your USBPorts.kext

you should also read up on:
as you are using a kext that should not be in use

I'm back... to are some updates. It installed, set up and all the drivers are compatible! I had to manually update the BT kext files maybe because os some other incompatibility. Had some minor differences in other hardware so fixed them as well. This is my primary now :)

Also the first issue I was having , not being able to get any visuals from booting OC was all down to NVRAM. I couldn't clear the last time so I couldn't clear it because it didn't even show the OC menu. So had to boot clover and F11 reset NVRAM and it was fixed!

I directly installed a Ventura pre-build and then started gathering kexts and making a clean EFI without pre-builts after. Having a secondary boot as Windows helped to get back to a working EFI when I broke. Now, No more Windows :)

Thanks again for the support!

<3

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 5.06.06 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 5.06.06 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 4
I'm back... to are some updates. It installed, set up and all the drivers are compatible! I had to manually update the BT kext files maybe because os some other incompatibility. Had some minor differences in other hardware so fixed them as well. This is my primary now :)

Also the first issue I was having , not being able to get any visuals from booting OC was all down to NVRAM. I couldn't clear the last time so I couldn't clear it because it didn't even show the OC menu. So had to boot clover and F11 reset NVRAM and it was fixed!

I directly installed a Ventura pre-build and then started gathering kexts and making a clean EFI without pre-builts after. Having a secondary boot as Windows helped to get back to a working EFI when I broke. Now, No more Windows :)

Thanks again for the support!

<3
Well done

you can add the ResetNvram.efi in your opencore setup and add the entry in your config.plist, that will then show the reset nvram option when you get to the opencore picker

Back