Contribute
Register

10.13 update is Brightness patch redo necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z97-M Plus
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX960
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello there, so after updating my Hack to 10.13, I discovered that the previous IntelBacklight method no longer works,

So to get GPU Acceleration I had to remove this kext, and update the Patches on my plist, so far so good.

But, after reboot, I noticed that not only GPU was working, but the brightness slider was working as well, how come that be?
Can I leave it this way, I mean will it affect in any bad way or do I still need to make the new procedure with the AppleBacklight Injector?

Attachments

• FILES.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Hello there, so after updating my Hack to 10.13, I discovered that the previous IntelBacklight method no longer works,

So to get GPU Acceleration I had to remove this kext, and update the Patches on my plist, so far so good.

But, after reboot, I noticed that not only GPU was working, but the brightness slider was working as well, how come that be?
Can I leave it this way, I mean will it affect in any bad way or do I still need to make the new procedure with the AppleBacklight Injector?

Correct backlight control:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Thank you, I'm doing it right now, the Guide says that I have to remove any previous Backlight patches, I already removed my IntelBacklight.kext, now im working on removing the DSDT patch, I found my PNLF object, what should I do? just remove the "Device" scope, or do I have to remove the whole "Scope (_SB)" scope?

Im uploading Screenshots of my code, as well as my DSL files in case you want to see them.

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2017-09-29 às 20.22.38.png
    Captura de Tela 2017-09-29 às 20.22.38.png
    585.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Captura de Tela 2017-09-29 às 20.22.26.png
    Captura de Tela 2017-09-29 às 20.22.26.png
    75.8 KB · Views: 93
  • ACPI DSL FILES.zip
    133.2 KB · Views: 63
Thank you, I'm doing it right now, the Guide says that I have to remove any previous Backlight patches, I already removed my IntelBacklight.kext, now im working on removing the DSDT patch, I found my PNLF object, what should I do? just remove the "Device" scope, or do I have to remove the whole "Scope (_SB)" scope?

Im uploading Screenshots of my code, as well as my DSL files in case you want to see them.
I removed the whole scope and it compiled with no errors. I guess it should do the job.

Just did the new Backlight patch method, Its AMAZINGLY easy, thanks a lot mr RehabMan, shame that we don't have smooth changes yet, but still this is great. congrats and thank you.
Yes. I really miss the smooth backlight. Still wondering what changes did Apple do to 10.12.4.

Yes. I really miss the smooth backlight. Still wondering what changes did Apple do to 10.12.4.
YEah, but I belive it still can be done, because if you open the display pref pane, and slide the brightness slider, it still changes smoothly instead of changing by intervals, that means that the capability still there, I belive Injector kext just "send" the signals to the Native Backlight driver to change the brightness otherwise the smooth transitions could be done with code on the injector kext, just like it was with the IntelBacklight.kext as I am supposing, I might be wrong tho.

YEah, but I belive it still can be done, because if you open the display pref pane, and slide the brightness slider, it still changes smoothly instead of changing by intervals, that means that the capability still there, I belive Injector kext just "send" the signals to the Native Backlight driver to change the brightness otherwise the smooth transitions could be done with code on the injector kext, just like it was with the IntelBacklight.kext as I am supposing, I might be wrong tho.
No. It's not as smooth as it was even on the slider. With IntelBacklight.kext, if you changed the brigntness using the slider, the screen would slowly fade from dark to bright and vice versa, like a real macbook.

An injector kext has no code in it (hence the official Apple term, "codeless kext").
There is some other reason for the lack of smooth transition, and it can't be fixed by an injector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back