10.7 Lion supported graphic cards??

Status
Not open for further replies.
GTX 470 work, tested on Starcraft II

waiting for Opengl upgrade. I wanna see opengl 4 on Sc2 please

pd:tell me somebody why not¡¡¡¡¡ grrrr

Blackbird666 said:
Hi guys,

after a couple of hours of installing and testing I can confirm that the Nvidia GTX 580 is fully working on my machine. :headbang:

Awesome! Could you please share any tips on how you did it?

straycat264 said:
XFX 6870 XFNC working perfectly :D

How did you get it working? I have the exact same card and it isn't working for me.

Help!

HD-687A-ZN HD-687A-ZNFC V2.0

260 gtx is working otb. During isntall and everything. But just ordedred a 6850, i hope that works too.

Sapphire ATI Radeon 5570 working VGA/DVI dual monitor setup with QE/CI.

Not tested DisplayPort.

As with under 10.6.8, GE=No lets monitors be recognized, but GeekBench crashes on start, whereas GE=Yes recognizes monitors as generic, but GeekBench works. QE/CI works in either case.

Blackbird666 said:
Hi guys,

after a couple of hours of installing and testing I can confirm that the Nvidia GTX 580 is fully working on my machine. :headbang:

See screen:

My motherboard / CPU are in the mail. Same as yours. What was your process? I also have a 580GTX itching to get some Lion action.

Gigabyte GTX460 here. Uptime is at 24 hours now. I have been gaming, surfing, doing all kinds of things... no freezes :)

Ok, let me describe how I did it:

You'll need a clean 10.6.8 install like this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=23704

Follow Tony's guide for installing lion: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/xmove-multibeast-install-os-x-107-lion.html

If you got trouble starting the installation (stop because of [ PCI Configuration begin ] stall) add npci=0x2000 at the boot process.

After lion is startet for the first time use Multibeast installing your dsdt, kexts and your personal options.

After reboot follow the guide to activate your graphics adapter: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=260074

That worked perfectly for me.

justruss said:
Interesting. What rollback to 10.6.7 kexts did you try?

I have an XFX 5770 single-slot card, and an Apple Cinema Display 27-inch. Vanilla Lion gives me the black screen via mini DP + ACD-- but I can get video via DVI to a backup Dell monitor.

I swapped in the following 10.6.7 kexts (S/L/E) and now Lion boots fine, and my 5770 drives my ACD via mini DP:

ATI5000Control
ATIFramebuffer
ATISupport

After replacing the Lion kexts of the same name with those, I run multibeast just to get the cache rebuilt and call for repair permissions.

First boot, and all subsequent, are working!

There's another potential method... try to get in touch with the user Nihil on here. He's doing it with just 1 modified kext apparently. I haven't had a chance to give it a go.

For the records (and the people who - just like me - dumbly did install Lion over 10.6.7, therefore overwriting the Extensions for using the Displayport on a ATI 5770): the proper files are not within the iMac update (at least it didn't work for me), but within the SnowLeo graphics update. Now I get the best of two worlds: dramatically increased OpenGL performance while retaining my 3-Display setup. Thanks everybody...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back