i5-10500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Surpisingly, Apple sells more Macbook Pros and 15" Airs than all other Macs. Way more than all desktop Macs combined. I prefer to use desktops as a daily driver but still use an older MBP 15" that weighs over 6 pounds !

This is based on a report from CIRP which was summarized on Cult of Mac. https://www.cultofmac.com/848327/best-selling-macs-macbooks-make-up-whopping-90-of-mac-sales/?

1709825621701.png

Last edited:
I would have thought the new Apple Silicon Mac mini sells better than 1% of Mac sales. It's so much more affordable. But, the key factor today is portability. It's much harder to take your mini to a coffee shop and use it while having a latte. This is probably why Apple spent no R&D money on a Mac mini chassis redesign. They could have made it half as big with a smaller PSU. It's just not very profitable so why invest more in it ?

1709826177411.png

Last edited:
The Mac Pro at 3% of Mac sales ? Would have never guessed that it outsells the Mac mini and Mac Studio. I guess that price doesn't matter to the majority of Apple customers.

Screen Shot.jpg

The one big advantage of the M2 Ultra Mac Pro is all those PCIe slots for expanding internal storage at a reasonable price. No other desktop Mac can do that today. The Mac Studio is still a much better value.

Screen Shot 1.jpg

Last edited:
Missed this key figure.
Apple-laptop-sales-by-display-size-2023-CIRP.jpeg

People still love bigger sizes.

Screen Shot 4.jpg
Screen Shot 5.jpg

According to this chart, The 14" MBP outsells the 16" by 8% so the best selling Mac laptop is actually
smaller. Cult of Mac didn't really make that clear. It is surprising how well the 16" does sell seeing
that it is harder to lug around with you due to size and weight. The 16" is 1.4 pounds heavier.

1709835315487.png

Back