Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey there, I bought a 4430s a long time ago with the Celeron and upgraded it to a 2410m i5. I've got everything up and running and it works beautifully. The only thing I'm noticing is that it is running really heavy on the CPU, so the fan is running super heavy and hot during basically any video application. I ran the Intel Power Gadget and its showing that Turbo Boost is working and I'm boosting up to 2.90 ghz but it looks like the GT freuqency which is supposed to represent onboard graphics (HD3000) isn't moving at all, camping at 0.65ghz. Does this indicate that my HD3000 isn't taking any of the load of the main CPU? Or is this typical for integrated graphics? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hey there, I bought a 4430s a long time ago with the Celeron and upgraded it to a 2410m i5. I've got everything up and running and it works beautifully. The only thing I'm noticing is that it is running really heavy on the CPU, so the fan is running super heavy and hot during basically any video application. I ran the Intel Power Gadget and its showing that Turbo Boost is working and I'm boosting up to 2.90 ghz but it looks like the GT freuqency which is supposed to represent onboard graphics (HD3000) isn't moving at all, camping at 0.65ghz. Does this indicate that my HD3000 isn't taking any of the load of the main CPU? Or is this typical for integrated graphics? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Here you are

IOreg wrt power management looks normal/ok.

You might see if you have a some runaway processes by third-party software (check Activity Monitor). And it may also depend on what video you're watching (eg. format) as not all video formats can be decoded with HD3000 GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back