Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe so, but based on the fact it's giving me a red light, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...
It's currently on the smaller pciex4_1

Hmmm ...tried to reset everything in BIOS and redo settings according to your thunderbolt stuff and taking off overclock settings ... At boot still says "overclocking failed"..... What next ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    683.2 KB · Views: 121
Even if you don't install drivers you should see thunderbolt card in bios...in which slots did you put it? did you connect tb header cable correctly?

Hi Thenightflyer, I did a reinstall of the Brazil guys install, it definitely works up until I install the nvidia driver....then, after restarting through UEFI it doesn't load up, just tries to reboot - goes black screen. I think it might be from wrong graphics card ????
Did you have this problem ? What do I do if my graphics card is not Mac compatible ? The only drivers on the nvidia web site for my graphics card are for windows or Linux ....

Hi Thenightflyer, I did a reinstall of the Brazil guys install, it definitely works up until I install the nvidia driver....then, after restarting through UEFI it doesn't load up, just tries to reboot - goes black screen. I think it might be from wrong graphics card ????
Did you have this problem ? What do I do if my graphics card is not Mac compatible ? The only drivers on the nvidia web site for my graphics card are for windows or Linux ....

Hi Drumsareme, I also did the El Capitan install and experienced the same issue. I just dont have time to fix this yet will try this week. Anyways, you need to find out if your system is rebooting (goes back to Clover) or is it just black screening (not giving a signal). If you go back to the Brazilian guy's post I asked him how to fix this. Did you try the solutions he suggested and still to no avail?

Has anyone got NVRAM to work with X99-E WS (for iMessage and etc)?

What is the model of your Nvidia card? Did you install system update from Appstore before installing nvidia web drivers?

Hmmm ...tried to reset everything in BIOS and redo settings according to your thunderbolt stuff and taking off overclock settings ... At boot still says "overclocking failed"..... What next ?
I changed only core frequency to 45, sync all cores speed and disabled EIST...all other parameters are set in auto.

Hi Drumsareme, I also did the El Capitan install and experienced the same issue. I just dont have time to fix this yet will try this week. Anyways, you need to find out if your system is rebooting (goes back to Clover) or is it just black screening (not giving a signal). If you go back to the Brazilian guy's post I asked him how to fix this. Did you try the solutions he suggested and still to no avail?

Hi Saijohn. He made a mistake and forgot to patch the graphics kext. So he said to do that while reinstalling and before doing the nvidia driver install and should work. I'm trying it tonight.

Was getting reboot/black screen

I tried to follow this guide but haven't got any NVRAM variables to stick. Have you?
i've mine but extracted from my real iMac...if you use the file imessagedebug provided in the guide you should be able to get your real NVRAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back