Radeon 4890
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Greetings,

I am having an issue with my ethernet. I currently am on Snow Leopard with no problem at all, but am trying to upgrade to Yosemite. I have had success with everything else using Unibeast-Multibeast-Easybeast on a fresh HD.

My ethernet is a 82578DC and I can get it working when I install AppleE1000e.kext version 2.4.14 and it works great. Perfect speeds and full functionality.

Then I shutdown...that's when things change. When I start the computer back up my ethernet is red in the System Prefs-Network and says "cable unplugged" and I can't get the internet to work.

The kext is still in the Extra folder.

if I restart, I don't have this issue, ONLY when I shutdown do I loose functionality.

Is there something that would be stopping the kext's functionality on shutdown? maybe something in the bios.plist or org.chameleon.boot.plist?

My BIOS for the motherboard only has On-Board LAN - yes or No, nothing fancy there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Going to try patching my DSDT file tomorrow with some fixes, specifically an ethernet one. Will let you know the results when I finish.

Last edited:
Having the same issue here and posted about it the other day. No one seems to reply here anymore.

So I have tried a dozen different things from DSDT patching to modded kexts and nothing seems to fix the ethernet.

I am hoping someone can assist.

Enclosed are the Pre-Restart and Post-Restart pictures of the I0Reg of my ethernet.

et0 only appears and works AFTER a restart. I am not sure why this happens or how to correct it.

Attachments

• Pre-Restart.tiff
    311.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Post-Restart.tiff
    265.6 KB · Views: 117
Update:

Attached console for when the ethernet is successful (on restart OR if I enter BIOS before booting) and for when the ethernet fails (on start up)

The only message I am seeing is the kext being unable to read the adapter causing a -3 error.

Is this a DSDT fix? I have already looked into my bios and do not have any settings that would effect this.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Fail.tiff
    539.5 KB · Views: 137
  • Success.tiff
    533.9 KB · Views: 106
Well I have officially thrown in the towel.

I am fairly certain the issue lies within the ME.

I logged into my Windows 7 drive and found that we have an ME of 6.0.X, which is interesting being as though the official EVGA website recommends the 6.1 ME for our board, but it's not compatible with P55, but rather H55 EVGA boards (I still tried installing it but my computer was smart enough to stop me).

I tried the FWUpdLcl command with an updated and edited 6.0.X ME, but after hours of trying different things I couldn't get it to work.

I read somewhere that on top of not having a "secret" bios like similar Gigabyte boards, The ME can't be updated.

After banging my head against the wall a few times, I caved and spent $20 on a natively supported Rosewill RC-401-EX PCIe Network card.

Although I was interested in solving this brain teaser, I've thrown in the towel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back