Contribute
Register

Adding 8560w to Install Guide and Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your answer.
I have to use nullcpupower kext or else system doesn't boot.
How can I fix this?
Also, is graphics power management possible for the M5950 / 6770m?

Just follow the guide, the tool will set smbios 8,2 and drop MCFG table.

Great thanks!

After messing around with my partitions and partition table, I finally get Yosemite working (and some not working) as mentioned in the first post. Though, there was few seconds that my VGA connected monitor did turn on with weird resolution. After that, I cannot make it work anymore.

Therefore I have read through this thread again and saw you referred to use NVCap for possible VGA solutions. Still need to figure out these new things in the coming days. :thumbup:

NVCAP is only for nVidia.

Great thanks!

After messing around with my partitions and partition table, I finally get Yosemite working (and some not working) as mentioned in the first post. Though, there was few seconds that my VGA connected monitor did turn on with weird resolution. After that, I cannot make it work anymore.

Therefore I have read through this thread again and saw you referred to use NVCap for possible VGA solutions. Still need to figure out these new things in the coming days. :thumbup:

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

I have updated my info. :)

Yesterday I get Yosemite working, today El Captain also working. Graphics on internal display with full resolution. However, I am still on my way to figure out the correct frame buffer for VGA output... Has been testing for a day with no success..

Last edited:
I have updated my info. :)

Yesterday I get Yosemite working, today El Captain also working. Graphics on internal display with full resolution. However, I am still on my way to figure out the correct frame buffer for VGA output... Has been testing for a day with no success..
Can you share how did you install in Yosemite?

Discussion of Pre-release software is not allowed in tonymac

Can you share how did you install in Yosemite?

Discussion of Pre-release software is not allowed in tonymac

Sure. I follow this post, and its parent post for most of the steps, since I have a Windows installed already, and I don't want to lose any data.

1) Basically, I made the bootable USB stick in a Yosemite install in VirtualBox in Windows. This process is successful.
2) I try to boot the installer USB with the config.plist file provided in this post but it doesn't work, only giving a black screen. So I go to seek for help in your shared dropbox folder, and I found a config.plist for 8x60p, which is not my model but it did work, giving 1024x768 resolution which is okay for installing.
3) Again as described in the post, I boot the newly installed system with Clover on USB with 8x60p config profile, and it gives 1024x768 resolution and no ethernet connection... And I don't have your PBI CE pre-downloaded...
4) So I head back to Windows by repairing UEFI booting from recovery USB. And download the PBI CE in Windows.
5) I boot Yosemite with Clover on USB, and install PBI CE choosing model type 8x60w AMD.
6) Then I reboot using Clover on HDD, and now it gives full resolution, auto detection of HD 6770M graphic card, ethernet connection and battery status. But no VGA output.
7) I start playing around with frame buffer as you suggested for a whole day, with all possible values, but VGA still doesn't work. The injection from Clover is successful though as I can see value modified in IORegisterEditor. The only weird thing is that, extracted vbios rom suggested that the card has 5 ports; OSX/Clover auto detection suggests frame buffer Cattail which has default 4 ports; and in IORegisterEditor, it always shows only 3 ports...

Oh yes, with the same process I installed El Captain with PBI CE profile and the backlight control is working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back