Alternatives for Fenvi T919

Motherboard
AsRock B460M Pro4
CPU
i3-10105F
Graphics
RX 550
Hi guys,
I don't have any built-in WiFi + Bluetooth card in my Hack Pro 2019 but I want to buy one that is reliable and can enable all functionalities from regular Mac like WiFi, Bluetooth, AirDrop, Handoff etc. After doing a research on the internet, I found out that Fenvi T919 is one of the best options because it has native support and works up to the latest Ventura but the only problem for me is the price. Can you recommend me any other cheaper alternatives that also have native support and has all the native functionalities?

The Fenvi FV-HB1200 is a bit cheaper and works well out of the box (if you've mapped your USB ports correctly).
Thank you a lot for the recommendation! Can I ask you if this card works on the latest Ventura and if it works out of the box or requires kext files?

I have it running on my build, Ventura 13.1 and there are no kexts needed (works out of the box).
Also one final question (sorry if i am annoying). Does Continuity Camera feature work with this card or not?

I don't have any built-in WiFi + Bluetooth card in my Hack Pro 2019 but I want to buy one that is reliable and can enable all functionalities from regular Mac like WiFi, Bluetooth, AirDrop, Handoff etc. After doing a research on the internet, I found out that Fenvi T919 is one of the best options because it has native support and works up to the latest Ventura but the only problem for me is the price. Can you recommend me any other cheaper alternatives that also have native support and has all the native functionalities?
It costs a lot less these days to simply assemble your own from a real iMac WIFI/BT card and an adapter.

I've found this adapter to work the best out of about 5 that I've purchased over the past 6 years.
With many adapters like this, the BT cable connectors are not well made. This one (linked above) has always enabled
BT when connected up to the USB 2.0 header. USB 2.0 internal header must be mapped and set as internal (255) for this to work. Do this in the USBPorts kext.

Total cost for everything is 30.88 plus whatever state tax you might pay.
The Fenvi T919 costs about $46 plus tax on Newegg.

The Fenvi HB-1200 isn't as fast and the range is less but it gets the job done. Cost is $32.50 on Newegg.

Last edited:
It costs a lot less these days to simply assemble your own from a real iMac WIFI/BT card and an adapter.

I've found this adapter to work the best out of about 5 that I've purchased over the past 6 years.
With many adapters like this, the BT cable connectors are not well made. This one (linked above) has always enabled
BT when connected up to the USB 2.0 header. USB 2.0 internal header must be mapped and set as internal (255) for this to work. Do this in the USBPorts kext.

Total cost for everything is 30.88 plus whatever state tax you might pay.
The Fenvi T919 costs about $46 plus tax on Newegg.

The Fenvi HB-1200 isn't as fast and the range is less but it gets the job done. Cost is $32.50 on Newegg.
Thanks for your advice! I will keep it in mind.

I have a Fenvi T919 myself and it’s still the best card you can get for a Hackintosh.

But why is it that there aren’t any newer cards with Bluetooth 5.X support anyway? I always thought there must be at least a couple of newer Macs that have BT 5. Why are there no cards with those chips on it? Or are real Macs still on BT 4?

They do, but the new WiFi/BT 5.0 & 6.0 cards that Apple use are soldered to the logic board. So there is no second hand market, as was the case with the BT 4.0/4.2 cards. All iPhones, MacBook Pro's from 2018 onwards use BT 5.0 or newer. Apple Silicon systems use BT 6.0.

Unfortunately, no Broadcom Resellers are offering the new WiFi/BT 5.0/6.0 cards that Apple use in their newer systems, not on the open market. If there were the Chinese market would be flooded with improved WiFi ax & BT 5.0 or 6.0 cards for Hackintosh's.

They do, but the new WiFi/BT 5.0 & 6.0 cards that Apple use are soldered to the logic board. So there is no second hand market, as was the case with the BT 4.0/4.2 cards. All iPhones, MacBook Pro's from 2018 onwards use BT 5.0 or newer. Apple Silicon systems use BT 6.0.

Unfortunately, no Broadcom Resellers are offering the new WiFi/BT 5.0/6.0 cards that Apple use in their newer systems, not on the open market. If there were the Chinese market would be flooded with improved WiFi ax & BT 5.0 or 6.0 cards for Hackintosh's.
You may confuse with the versions of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. The latest Mac models support Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5.3. Hackintosh can adopt up to Wi-Fi 5 and Bluetooth 4.x only. The Wi-Fi Alliance does not permit the term like Wi-Fi 5.0 at all.

Back