Radon RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just wondering if any gamers out there can recommend any Mac games that are running on their Hackintoshes? I just put a GTX 570 in my Hackintosh and wanted to see what it can do. I'm sort of gun shy at ordering a game on the App store only to find out there are issues with their graphics configurations.

The only one game that I like to play when I have time is Duke Nukem 3d Forever.
It is not the best game around but I like it :)

I am running it on a GT430 1Gb silent
To get smooth gameplay I have to put it on a 1024*??? (16:10) ratio.
An all the effect to medium.

:)
Post back when you will some more data :)

tamorgen said:
Just wondering if any gamers out there can recommend any Mac games that are running on their Hackintoshes? I just put a GTX 570 in my Hackintosh and wanted to see what it can do. I'm sort of gun shy at ordering a game on the App store only to find out there are issues with their graphics configurations.

Steam has a nice collection of games for Mac OS - My personal favorite, Left 4 Dead 2 :headbang:

First game I tried was counter strike source, it works but not nothing spectacular. I was able to get 300+ fps on pc but I only managed 100-150fps on mac, plus for there is a slight delay for the video response. Mac don't have that much intensive games, your best bet is steam.

Yeah, I noticed that. The only game I would consider right now is Civilization 5. I already own it for PC (found out if you buy it for Mac on Steam, you get the PC version as well :banghead: ) It has good graphics, and the 570 handles it beautifully on Windows 7, but I hear that the Mac version is buggy. I'm wondering if there is a way to get the Mac version using my PC license....

There are a couple of other PC games that look interesting (Batman: Arkham City, LotR: War in the North, Skyrim), but I don't think they have Mac versions. I also already own Skyrim on Xbox, so I don't want to plop down another $60 on top of it.

Any Steams you own that works with mac can be transfered from windows to mac.
1. go to user/library/application support/steam/steamapps
2. Locate the steam games you've install on windows, also open steamapps folder
3. Drag required .gcf files over to the mac.
4. launch steam and the game should be working with little to download.

This method saves a lot of time and bandwidth.

Remaker101 said:
Any Steams you own that works with mac can be transfered from windows to mac.
1. go to user/library/application support/steam/steamapps
2. Locate the steam games you've install on windows, also open steamapps folder
3. Drag required .gcf files over to the mac.
4. launch steam and the game should be working with little to download.

This method saves a lot of time and bandwidth.

Oh, very cool! Thanks for in the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back