Contribute
Register

Anyone Using Vision Pro with Hack for External Display?

tonymacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
3090b67fd9991638f0ee08c8f118db0a.png

Curious if anyone's used the Vision Pro with their Hack.

What's External Display like? I've heard that it's limited to 3k resolution on Intel.

Instead of spending 4K on a first gen Apple product that will soon be obsolete and lose a lot of value, I would get the Apple 32" 6K Pro Display monitor. Should be good to use for 10+ years and be a much better user experience than wearing that massive headset that is not comfortable. Seems that the Vision Pro is mostly for YT creators trying to get views. In a few years it will look like the first wireless Motorola phone from the 70s compared to an iPhone 15 Pro. Antiquated and not much good for anything but a museum display.

1707341609989.png
1707341650940.png

Screen Shot 6.jpg

Last edited:
Instead of spending 4K on a first gen Apple product that will soon be obsolete and lose a lot of value, I would get the Apple 32" 6K Pro Display monitor. Should be good to use for 10+ years and be a much better user experience than wearing that massive headset that is not comfortable. Seems that the Vision Pro is mostly for YT creators trying to get views. In a few years it will look like the first wireless Motorola phone from the 70s compared to an iPhone 15 Pro. Antiquated and not much good for anything but a museum display.

View attachment 578298View attachment 578299

View attachment 578300
Once you spend all that money the next thing you will do while wearing it is walk into a wall and break it. Just kidding but I do not understand the appeal, any of the VR headsets are a little too isolating for me cost aside.

VR headsets are a little too isolating for me cost aside.
Apple put it out in this "primitive" early form so that app development would get started now. The ultimate goal is to make a pair of glasses that are comfortable to wear. The tech is not good enough yet for that. Look at how big the battery is and it only lasts around two hours.

Max shows us much of what it's like trying to use one of these for work with a desktop or laptop Mac. A more useful video than what most YTers are putting out.

Back