CPU
i7-12700
Graphics
UHD 770
Hello guys,
I just wonder can I install Hackintosh on my solid PC with parameters:

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700
MB: ASRock B660M-ITX/ac
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 770 (Alder Lake-S 881 GT1) - Integrated Graphics Controller [ASRock]
SSD: Samsung SSD 980 Pro 1TB
RAM: DDR4-3597 / PC4-28700 DDR4 SDRAM UDIMM

The general problem is that I want to use virtual machines x86 in my work. Unfournatelly M1,M2 CPUs which is great, but cannot wirtualize systems, just emulate only via UTM or Parallels.

EDITED:
Adidtionally, my chasis is micro-ITX, so graphic cards are very limited for my PC.

No, as the 12th Gen IGPU is not supported in macOS. You would need to add a compatible AMD GPU to get your system running macOS.

See this GPU Buyers Guide for compatible GPUs.

Hello guys,

GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 770 (Alder Lake-S 881 GT1) - Integrated Graphics Controller [ASRock]

The general problem is that I want to use virtual machines x86 in my work. Unfournatelly M1,M2 CPUs which is great, but cannot wirtualize systems, just emulate only via UTM or Parallels.

EDITED:
Adidtionally, my chasis is micro-ITX, so graphic cards are very limited for my PC.
Hello,

You may find a compatible (Sonoma/Ventura/Monterey) video card "matching" your small case (occupying one or two slots).

Otherwise, the combination of Windows 11 and Broadcom's VMware Workstation Pro is very good.
Cheers :)

Hello guys,

The general problem is that I want to use virtual machines x86 in my work. Unfortunately M1,M2 CPUs which is great, but cannot virtualize systems, just emulate only via UTM or Parallels.

EDITED:
Additionally, my chassis is micro-ITX, so graphic cards are very limited for my PC.
As already mentioned, I don't think you can, since the CPU integrated graphics is not supported on MacOS, and the limitations of your chassis probably barred installation of suitable graphics cards (unless you can find a small suitable one).

Note also that Samsung NVMe SSDs like your 980 Pro have compatibility issues with newer versions of MacOS (Monterey / Ventura / Sonoma).

So if you need to run Intel virtual machines, you will probably have to use Windows (or Linux) as host if you want to use your computer.

Last edited:
Otherwise, the combination of Windows 11 and Broadcom's VMware Workstation Pro is very good.
Cheers :)
This may be a bit irrelevant to the thread, but I respectfully disagree with the "very good" assessment, especially with the newer versions of Workstation (past 16.1.2).

As a long time user of VMware Workstation and VMware Fusion, I am still staying with Workstation 15.5.2 (Windows Server 2019 / Windows 10 1809 LTSC as host OS) and the corresponding Fusion 11.5.3 (High Sierra 10.13.6 as host OS).

The latest version of VMware Workstation, 17.5.1, still has a serious bug that consumes high CPU resources, MONTHS after being reported in 17.5. VMware apparently does not show any interest in fixing it :

And if you want to use nested virtual machines (running a virtual machine inside another), using Windows 11 as host will be troublesome, as Windows 11 itself is running as a virtual machine under Hyper-V in a normal installation, and such a configuration prevents third party hypervisors like VMware Workstation from running nested virtual machines as Hyper-V does NOT support nested virtualization with third party hypervisors. Microsoft, again, apparently does not show any interest in providing such support. To run nested virtual machines with VMware Workstation with Windows 11 as host OS, you need to completely disable Hyper-V (which will disable security features).

Someone made a lengthy post at VMware Communities about the necessary steps to take if you need to disable Hyper-V on Windows 11 Pro (and probably Enterprise also), as different steps may not work in all scenarios :

Personally I will avoid Windows 11 and the latest versions of VMware Workstation because of all these issues.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, guys. There is no problem to run virtualization on Mac Mini with Intel, it just works same under the hood as on Windows, you need a VMware Fusion only. Of course we do not discuss about Vmware issues, I noticed many of them on Linux, Windows and Mac, naither OS is perfect and naither software.

Just to be clear, guys. There is no problem to run virtualization on Mac Mini with Intel, it just works same under the hood as on Windows, you need a VMware Fusion only. Of course we do not discuss about Vmware issues, I noticed many of them on Linux, Windows and Mac, neither OS is perfect and neither software.
If you already have a Intel Mac mini and want to use VMware Fusion to run Intel virtual machines, that will be (mostly) fine as long as your Mac has sufficient RAM and disk space (to hold the virtual machine files).

But if you want to use that 12th generation PC to run Intel virtual machines, then you can only run Windows or Linux as host and not MacOS.

And if it is necessary we can discuss VMware Fusion here. I run VMware Fusion myself on my hackintosh and talk about it here occasionally. Though not many people will do so here. The rules said explicitly :
This community does not support installation of macOS on Atom CPUs nor hypervisors other than VMware Fusion.

I don't think you will be allowed to ask questions about VMware Fusion on the VMware Communities forum (for example) if you say you are running Fusion on a hackintosh.

Thanks JamesB.
Basically, when I used Vmware Fusion on Mac Mini with intel i7 (2018 edition), the weak point this machine was CPU that is not too much cores so needed in virtualisation. Additionally the disk 512GB-SSD of course with performance rather poor versus nowadays SSD-NVMe.

One year ago I have decided to switch on Windows 10/11, Intel 12th gen 12700, but sometimes I wonder whether the mac os was better for me personally as daily work computer. Right now I am not goint to switch to M2, I want to wait for M3 and my other laptop Lenovo with AMD Ryzen 7, 16GB RAM, super-fast NVMe which could be used as tank for virtualisation instead of Mac mini M3.

Anyway, it would be interesting to see how it would all work on a Hackintosh with Intel 12th, only I would have to buy an ADM GPU card in addition. The installation of the Hackintosh looks complicated, so I'm also discouraged so far.

Anyway2, machines from Vmware Workstation Pro can be used in Fusion, because I've done it before and vice versa. All that is needed is some trick with the changing of folder names.

Back