Graphics
GeForce GTX 570 2560 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I just got a new Graphics Card, my installation is starting up, however the oncard memory is not showing and the
cards fan's stop rotation after the installation is booted into OS X. At this point I have no clue why this is happening. I installed the latest version of the NVIDIA Web Driver: 346.03.15f02. Any tips are appreciated.
Ausus Z97-AR
Asus Ge Force GTX 970

Screen Shot 2016-07-26 at 7.26.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-26 at 7.20.00 PM.png

The fans not spinning while not under load is perfectly normal for most 900 series cards as most are semi passively cooled.

The 0MB means you have Nvidia Injection enabled when it shouldn't be.

The fans not spinning while not under load is perfectly normal for most 900 series cards as most are semi passively cooled.

The 0MB means you have Nvidia Injection enabled when it shouldn't be.

I disabled the Nvidia Injection via Clover Configurator and the memory is now showing. Thanks for the info about the fans, my impression was that they are not working since the card comes with an app for windows where you can control the OC and fan speeds and this option is not available for OS X. My previous card was an old 570 where the fans always were spinning, I did not know that the newer ones only work their fan when really needed.

I disabled the Nvidia Injection via Clover Configurator and the memory is now showing. Thanks for the info about the fans, my impression was that they are not working since the card comes with an app for windows where you can control the OC and fan speeds and this option is not available for OS X. My previous card was an old 570 where the fans always were spinning, I did not know that the newer ones only work their fan when really needed.

On your 970 the fan won't spin in Windows either when not under load. On my MSI GTX 970 I think it has to hit either 45 or 55C before the fans start spinning. Asus calls it "0db fan technology".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back