Contribute
Register

ASUS Notebook Model Number ATHEROS/AR5B125 Model X555L

Ideally you would be installing at least OS X El Capitan, then you can use createinstallmedia method to make the USB installer. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372

Not sure how to do that with Mt. Lion as that method doesn't work. You will of course have to have access to a real Mac to make the USB installer with createinstallmedia method.

Maybe @Feartech remembers what they did way back in 2012 with Mt. Lion.
But I don't have a Macintosh computer. What do I do?

But I don't have a Macintosh computer. What do I do?
borrow one or use the laptop guide and use a higher version of macOS

your options are limited

What you have to realise, if you are new to OS X or macOS, is that up until a certain year we had to pay £$ for each upgrade. Only the later free ones are available for a complete download from Apple. Earlier files are only ever upgrades to existing owned OSs. Hence the easiest is Snow Leopard as Apple sold it on DVD.

However your hardware is what it is and you face limitations the guys have explained.

if you are new to OS X or macOS, is that up until a certain year we had to pay £$ for each upgrade.
Mavericks back in 2013 was the first "free" OS X edition you could upgrade to from Mt. Lion or older.

Mavericks back in 2013 was the first "free" OS X edition you could upgrade to from Mt. Lion or older.
I'm installing Mojave through the Opencore guide. Just finished all the steps requiring the Makeinstall batch file. Where do I get the replacement for the EFI folder?

Back