Contribute
Register

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I spent like the whole weekend trying to get Lion installed from 10.6.7 and now that I am there at last I get random KP while plugging in USB drives and error messages like Appleusbcdc init failure. I read that these errors may be due to incompatible usb3 and realtek drivers in Multibeast. Any can confirm this?

Anyhow, will be starting over to see just when and where this kp error started. Also if you guys are having trouble installing Lion over 10.6.8 I recommend rolling back to 10.6.7 or even better do a clean install on a drive that has minimal working Extra/Extensions folder. In my case I found out that the kexts in that folder caused my new Lion Install to KP with Waiting for Root device error, and cpu kernel mismatch errors. That is with the P8Z68 Deluxe board and a 2600K. So if anyone has any useful kexts or dsdt's please post them..

Thank you.

I've got some problems with this installation. My configuration is:
- Asus P8Z68 Deluxe
- Intel i7 "Sandy Bridge"
- Corsair 8 GB DDR3-1600 (only 4GB installed for installation)
- Asus EN210 Silent/DI/1GD3/V2(LP)
- OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W
- Cooler Master Silencio 550
- 1TB Seagate 7200 Green
- Samsung DVD writer

I can only boot into the installation programme with the boot flag -x.
Bootflags: -v, -s, PCIrootuid=0 or 1 will get into first screen of installation but not further. Where you normally have your "Language selection", the box itself has a dark grey color. The actual background is there, the mouse is there ( and I can move it ), but that's it. With the -x however, it will work. Unfortunatelly any update to 10.6.8 I try to run ends in a Kernel Panic, after that only solution is re-install the whole thing.

Once it is installed I can ONLY boot with the -x to get succesfully inside SL. When I try to run from hard disk without any boot flag, it gives me a "broken" desktop. I can't see the mouse, the dock only shows about 20%, the finder bar at the top isn't there.

I've also tried doing a start update to iMac 12.2 with MultiBeast, unfortunately that also doesn't help.

Don't know where to go now :banghead:

My first installation was an instant success (see my details), this system however seems to have some more hooks to it! The first system was actually for my office, replacing my G5, it works like a charm! This one will be for my home studio, so I really hope I can get this baby going..

So, pcirootuid=0 got me into the installer, pcirootuid=1 got me into the 1.6.0, then updating to 10.6.8 worked! BUT no network card, no audio, doesn't read the other pci(e) slots...

Tried different configurations with multibeast, but nothing works.. Who can help me?
Ow, and startup is really slow..

I am unable to boot from Snow leopard Retail DVD
my System Specifications are

Core i7 2600k 3.0 ghz
Asus p8z68 Deluxe
Corsair vengeance 4gb
WD Caviar Black Sata 6gb/s 500 GB
Nvidia 8500 GT

I got error when i boot using latest iboot

"warning couldn't set recording source to microphone"

after this my computer hang...

please solve this issue
which bios setting would be good for installation

my motherboard bios version is 3203

Attachments

• Photo0269.jpg
    Photo0269.jpg
    558.2 KB · Views: 420
  • Photo0270.jpg
    Photo0270.jpg
    625.3 KB · Views: 301
  • Photo0272.jpg
    Photo0272.jpg
    997 KB · Views: 320
moeezgilani said:
I am unable to boot from Snow leopard Retail DVD
my System Specifications are

Core i7 2600k 3.0 ghz
Asus p8z68 Deluxe
Corsair vengeance 4gb
WD Caviar Black Sata 6gb/s 500 GB
Nvidia 8500 GT

I got error when i boot using latest iboot

"warning couldn't set recording source to microphone"

after this my computer hang...

please solve this issue
which bios setting would be good for installation

my motherboard bios version is 3203

Just a thought but it looks like your hanging because of appleintel powermanagement...

Was wondering if anyone can help get JMB esata working on the P8z68 deluxe? It use to work with my old dsdt but since I went to bios 3203 patched for intel power management support I can't get it working. I tried to create a dsdt file with just the jmb device declarations and nothing else*, and that causes the computer to fail booting up. I'm using Chameleon 1902 and Lion 10.7.3. I am also using a tiny SSDT borrowed from Revogirl as she suggests just dumping the DSDT all together and just using a SSDT file. At least I now have p and c states generated for once!

Anyone have any suggestions I appreciate it..

Thanks

*The DSDT file included the standard definition block, method dtgp, Scope(_SB), Device (PCI0), and Device (JMB0) with the standard code that use to work before! Also installing JMB kexts from Multiboot and turning on my eSata drive without DSDT, causes the boot process to stall until I shut off the eSata ext Drive. So somehow got to get the right definitions in there..

I've got this exact board and have gotten Snow Leopoard working so I could create my Lion USB.

I'll let you know how things go for me :).

Hi,

Noob to TonyMac, Long time researcher. Finally trying to run the install but having some issues. I am up to the step where I am supposed to launch the installer but once i hit enter, the screen goes blank and nothing happens. I have tried the PCIRootUID variations a few times with still no success. Could anyone offer pointers on this?

Intel i7-2600
ASUS P8X68-v Gen 3
Corsair Vengeance 4GB
ASUS HD 7770

Hi

I an extreme noob and trying to install Snow Leopard on an Asus P8Z68 system with the following specs:

I am running the latest version of the bios and have disabled speedstep and turbo functions.

Processor Intel i7 3.4GHz
RAM 4096
Graphic Nvidia GeForce 560GTX Ti
HDD Intel SSD - Grey port
CD/DVD Pioneer Blue Ray - Grey port
I/O Microsoft KB and Mouse (BT)
I have removed all other HDD’s

I tried PCIRootUID=1 but didn’t work and finally did a normal boot and it progressed and then I got a message to shut down the computer.

I then tried PCIRootUID=0 –v –x, and then it started to load all sorts of things, and after about 3-4 minutes it stalled after the following lines:

At this point the CD drive was inaccessible and had to completely shutdown in order to get the CD/DVD ROM going.

SystemShutdown False
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: start ……………… Timed out
AppleIntel E1000E: Ethernet address 14: da ……..

I am just clueless as to what’s going on, and would appreciate any kind of help and support to get me going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back